Pitino now 12-12 in Feb, Tubby was 15-29 in six seasons

Stan

Reaction score
This is interesting.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I may be mistaken but I've always felt like Pitino's teams close the season well. Obviously we still have a lot of basketball to play but it's nice that we normally don't fall apart at the end.

I may be mistaken but I've always felt like Pitino's teams close the season well. Obviously we still have a lot of basketball to play but it's nice that we normally don't fall apart at the end.

A good part of that is his players continue to improve as the season progresses. They also have the flexibility to adjust during the game which gets better over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've railed on Tubby enough but Tubby's players never improved. How does a coach close out a strong season if every other team gets better and your's doesn't? Under Pitino, we are seeing nice growth in the players during the season. That said, Lynch was sleepwalking last night. McBrayer is have a tough sophomore season, it happens. Hopefully he can turn it around in the next couple games.

Last night was a tough shooting night for everyone except Mason. We had the opportunities, they just weren't going in like they should. This team is getting better, we are making fewer stupid mistakes that cost us the game - these guys are starting to mature as players !!

McBrayer is have a tough sophomore season, it happens. Hopefully he can turn it around in the next couple games.

Last night was a tough shooting night for everyone except Mason. We had the opportunities, they just weren't going in like they should. This team is getting better, we are making fewer stupid mistakes that cost us the game - these guys are starting to mature as players !!

It's interesting because in the non-conference McBrayer was being described as being the most improved player. His conference 3pt shooting is down(overall his 3pt % is about 8% higher than last year), his in conference assists are down, his turnovers are also down in conference from last year. I think If he is just more selective with his 3pt shots (his 2pt rate is right at last years in conference percentage) and looks for teammates more he will keep improving.

It's nice to see our team can win a game where we are having so many things be off.

It's interesting because in the non-conference McBrayer was being described as being the most improved player. His conference 3pt shooting is down(overall his 3pt % is about 8% higher than last year), his in conference assists are down, his turnovers are also down in conference from last year. I think If he is just more selective with his 3pt shots (his 2pt rate is right at last years in conference percentage) and looks for teammates more he will keep improving.

It's nice to see our team can win a game where we are having so many things be off.

I think the move to bench has affected his psyche. If there is one thing he can and should change its his strong tendency to contort and double clutch every shot in the paint to avoid contact. Those shots are hard to hit. If he could play into/through contact better, he'd get his points in the paint. Shooting is off too but it might be a volume issue.

I think Tubby ground his teams down later into the season. Dont necessarily think it was a development issue. Fatigue and probably getting berated in practice.

Top Bottom