Pitino: Lynch has the opportunity to be one of the best bigs in conference next year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino was asked about the two transfers who he believes will start next season. “Reggie Lynch [6-9 from Illinois State] has the opportunity to be one of the best bigs in the conference next year. He catches everything, has very good low-post moves, he’s extremely big, has a long wing span, can block shots. De’Vonte Fitzgerald [6-8 from Texas A&M], can shoot the ball, has great athleticism. I think both guys will be major components for what we’re doing.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-park-knows-how-to-speak-language-of-baseball/374383071/

Go Gophers!!

If he's one of the best bigs in the conference next year (say, a top 4-5 center), Murphy should be a top 4-5 PF and I think our back court with Amir/McBrayer/Mason should be a top 5-7 backcourt, we have the talent, not to mention a solid bench.

How will he ever get on the court with Konate in front of him?

The only way Konate keeps Lynch on the bench is with handcuffs!

Actually, Lynch might be better than Konate with one arm handcuffed to a chair!

I'm really getting nervous that Lynch is getting way way too hyped up.

Sean Obi averaged nearly a double-double as a freshman at Rice and he couldn't get off the bench this year at Duke. I know Duke is far and away a better program than we are, but Duke basically played six guys and complained about lack of depth all year while Obi sat on the bench.

Sometimes guys don't just transfer and become monsters. Lynch was a good player (not great) in a good (not great) mid major conference. Why is he all of a sudden going to be a top-5 big in one of the best conferences in the country?

per Sid:

• Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino was asked about the two transfers who he believes will start next season. “Reggie Lynch [6-9 from Illinois State] has the opportunity to be one of the best bigs in the conference next year. He catches everything, has very good low-post moves, he’s extremely big, has a long wing span, can block shots. De’Vonte Fitzgerald [6-8 from Texas A&M], can shoot the ball, has great athleticism. I think both guys will be major components for what we’re doing.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-park-knows-how-to-speak-language-of-baseball/374383071/

Go Gophers!!

The bold type on “one of the best” is supplied by me because, upon reviewing some of the other statements I noticed that the phrase is the go-to one chosen by Pitino and anyone else who might be helping him craft his statements.

Top Bottom