Pitino comments after PSU

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any comments for Richie on the PSU game. Pretty quiet.....

Caught the Richard Pitino Show last night on espn1500.......a must listen at 6:30pm.

Sounds like Springs will start in place of MacBryer..sp

Caught the Richard Pitino Show last night on espn1500.......a must listen at 6:30pm.

Good move. Starting the underclassman and bringing the senior off the bench was a luxury - a luxury they can't afford any more, now that a NCAA berth is within reach. They need Springs' leadership and decision making on the floor as many minutes as they can have them. He impresses me in some way in every game I watch.

Hopefully folks don't assume this means the demise of Dupree. He'll be fine, he's still a really good and important player in this program, and I won't be surprised (if taken from starting lineup) if he earns it back in the near future. But I think it's a good move to shake it up, try starting Springs.

Personally, I'd like to see Curry start over Murphy as well, at least until Murph gets his head out of the fog he's been in. At times he looks distracted, almost disinterested. This team needs an engaged Murph if it wants to be a factor the rest of the way.

I'd like to see Murph be high-motor-Murph-and engaged-Murph both at the same time!

Anyone aware of way to access recording? I'm searching around and coming up empty

Hopefully folks don't assume this means the demise of Dupree. He'll be fine, he's still a really good and important player in this program, and I won't be surprised (if taken from starting lineup) if he earns it back in the near future. But I think it's a good move to shake it up, try starting Springs.

Personally, I'd like to see Curry start over Murphy as well, at least until Murph gets his head out of the fog he's been in. At times he looks distracted, almost disinterested. This team needs an engaged Murph if it wants to be a factor the rest of the way.

+08

Murphy has been a liability the past couple of games.

I thought the most telling quote was "we played like a young team." And that, according to Pitino, all goes back to confidence. The team won some games early like Purdue, and the young players were playing with confidence. Now, they're running into the realities of playing road games in the B1G, and Pitino admits that some of the players have lost confidence in their games. That's why we see a lot of possessions where they run 15-20 seconds off the shot clock and wind up putting up a bad show with the clock running down. The players are thinking instead of reacting, and they're second-guessing themselves - passing up open shots and passing the ball around the perimeter instead of trying to drive to the basket.

The first 10-15 minutes of the Wisconsin game are really going to be interesting. If the Gophs can come out and play with some confidence, they can get back on track. But, if they come out and keep playing tentatively, it could get ugly.

Top Bottom