Pitino: Coffey has ultimate green light; Curry playing great, forcing me to play more

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

COFFEY TIME: If the Gophers (15-5, 3-4) are going to snap a three-game losing streak Wednesday at Ohio State, Pitino also needs freshman guard Amir Coffey to continue being aggressive looking for his shot.

Coffey led the team with 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting Saturday, including 3-for-4 from three-point range against Wisconsin.

“He’s got the ultimate green light with me,” Pitino said. “Because he’s been such a good passer for such a long time his scoring has been underrated. In order for us to win, we need him to attack the basket. We need him to score. We don’t need him to score 30, but we need 12, 13, 14 points per game from him.”

UNSUNG FRESHMAN: Another freshman who continues to grab Pitino’s attention is Eric Curry.

“He’s been playing pretty well,” Pitino said. “I liked his length on Nigel Hayes. He’s really talented. Amir gets a lot of the accolades, which he should. But in Eric we always thought we got a diamond in the rough. Sky is the limit with him. He’s skilled. He can shoot the ball. He’s got great length. He plays hard. He’s a great kid. When he’s playing like he did (Saturday), he’s going to force me to play him more.”

http://www.startribune.com/pitino-w...re-talks-freshmen-coffey-and-curry/411555355/

Go Gophers!!

Why not. In Big Ten play, when Coffey shoots five or less shots (3 games) he has eight or less points. In the other four games shooting ten or more shots he has scored 17 or more. Shooting .467 helps a lot.

Top Bottom