Pirsig's Throwing Arm

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Gopher recruit Jonah Pirsig plays first base and pitches for his local American Legion baseball team. It'll probably never translate to football, but wouldn't it be fun if coach Kill could find a way to use that throwing arm? Maybe there's a trick play that could take advantage of his unusual combination of attributes.

Big guys generally throw pretty hard in baseball.

This post proves it... we're in a dead period when it comes to college football.

Gopher recruit Jonah Pirsig plays first base and pitches for his local American Legion baseball team. It'll probably never translate to football, but wouldn't it be fun if coach Kill could find a way to use that throwing arm? Maybe there's a trick play that could take advantage of his unusual combination of attributes.
Wow, simply wow! I just hope that Kill can develop his blocking abilities to the point where he can be an effective Big 10 lineman someday.

Stick to making crappy posts about no-name players in small-town NoDak.

Playing first base is good. It takes good footwork and reflexes to play the position effectively. Things like turning a 3-6-3 double play, taking bad throws, and fielding balls down the line take athletic ability. If Jonah plays a decent defensive first base, that bodes well.

The kid, is an atypical athlete, a throw back. Football, basketball, baseball.

Takes me back to my freshman year in high school we had a senior, Fred Barofsky who won 10 letters in 4 sports. He was the first high school player I ever saw hit a 400 yard homerun to centerfield. He went on to West Point and played both QB and running back. He received fifteen meritorious service and gallantry in action awards, including the Silver Star for Gallantry, the Bronze Star for Meritorious Service, the Purple Heart, eight Air Medals for combat action, and the Vietnamese Honor Medal.

Fred as a senior was the QB on our highschool team with a sophmore running back John Wintermute. The Gophers recruited Wintermute, but missed on two better athletes that year. One was Gary Jestadt our QB who signed a baseball contract with the Cubs and played I think including the minors about 12 years. The other was a split end Dennis Di Paola who signed with Kentucky to play basketball. It has always amazed me someone saw us play and offered John and missed at least these two guys. Another they missed included a sophmore Mike Sikich who went to Northwestern and played for the Cleveland Browns and Tom Lavaty who played at Colorado. This combined with the choice of John Hankinson of Edina over Dennis Claridge of Robbinsdale were key in the down slide of Gopher Football.

This is in the top 5 dumbest threads for sure.

The kid, is an atypical athlete, a throw back. Football, basketball, baseball.

Thank you for getting the point, husker. Pirsig is an unusual athlete, being 6-9 300 or whatever he is, with the ability to play such different sports well.

While we're at it, we may as well stick that body in front of the net for the hockey team (no disrespect for Kent Patterson).

Why is it assumed Pirsig will play offensive line. Any chance he would play D-line ala Ed Too Tall Jones?

Holy Family's Coach has some plays they use that would work. They split their tackles out from time to time and the tackle throws the ball. No chance it ever happens.

Thank you for getting the point, husker. Pirsig is an unusual athlete, being 6-9 300 or whatever he is, with the ability to play such different sports well.
Just throwing this out there, Tyler Marz played football, basketball and baseball. From what I was told he wasn't that good at baseball, but he was ok. He was 3 or 4 inches taller than everyone he played in basketball, even when we played them in 6th grade. And we all know where he is for football.

I was that impressed with Fred it was 400 feet as a freshman

Just throwing this out there, Tyler Marz played football, basketball and baseball. From what I was told he wasn't that good at baseball, but he was ok. He was 3 or 4 inches taller than everyone he played in basketball, even when we played them in 6th grade. And we all know where he is for football.

Any idea how Marz is doing across the border? Can't remember if this is his redshirt or redshirt freshman year.

Anyway, I've been urging the tackle-around for quite awhile on this board! (Just kidding.)

Any idea how Marz is doing across the border? Can't remember if this is his redshirt or redshirt freshman year.

Anyway, I've been urging the tackle-around for quite awhile on this board! (Just kidding.)
If they redshirted him, it would have been this year. I'm not sure if he was redshirted, some of the sconnie trolls made it sound like he was in the 2-deeps.

Top Bottom