PiPress: Two Gophers oral commitments reopen their recruiting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Two verbal commitments to the Gophers football team have decided to reopen their recruiting processes, but insist they’re not de-commiting from the University of Minnesota in the wake of the suspension of 10 players in mid-December and the firing of head coach Tracy Claeys on Tuesday.

Javan Hawes, a three-star-ranked receiver/athlete recruit from Tyrone, Ga., and Jakyle Holmes, a three-star running back/athlete from Ponchatoula, La., announced their decisions on Twitter on Wednesday night.

Hawes wrote: “This is NOT a decommitment from the University of Minnesota, however after talking with my parents and coaches I have to decided [sic] to reopen my recruiting for the sake of my future. #GoGophers”

Hawes committed to Minnesota in July and made an official visit to Minneapolis on Dec. 10, according to 247sports.com.

Holmes, who committed to the U on Dec. 10, wrote: “Because of the recent developments at Minnesota, I am reopening my recruiting and plan to visit others schools.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/04/two-gophers-oral-commitments-reopen-their-recruiting/

Go Gophers!!

Probably a good for them because if Fleck is hired he might just pull the offers.

Given Fleck's history, this is a good decision on their parts

Edit: Oops, got beat by gophmeister

First time I've ever heard the phrase oral commitment.

Too many oral jokes to be made. Need new thread

First time I've ever heard the phrase oral commitment.

Well everything is "oral" until you sign on the dotted line. I've heard that many times. As you may recall we always hear more about it as we get closer to NSD.

Well everything is "oral" until you sign on the dotted line. I've heard that many times. As you may recall we always hear more about it as we get closer to NSD.

That's what she said.

Says he's still a hard commit

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We had the lowest ranked class in the B1G and Fleck revokes offers on joining a program anyway. I don't think this is a bad thing for the Gophers. If any of the recruits want to play for Minnesota then they better get in a car and drive here to meet him (assuming we are lucky enough to call him our coach).

Who do you think Fleck is gonna line up to replace these guys in the last 3 weeks of the recruiting cycle. For better or worse Fleck would lock up the current commits, take flyers on a couple new ones and call it a class.

Who do you think Fleck is gonna line up to replace these guys in the last 3 weeks of the recruiting cycle. For better or worse Fleck would lock up the current commits, take flyers on a couple new ones and call it a class.

Frankly, and I don't endorse this, he chose to tank WMU in his first year there rather than bring in players that he didn't think were loyal.
He could very well do it again.

The Headline for this thread is confusing...I thought 2 more players were being suspended for a second.

Western Michigan "commits".

Top Bottom