PiPress: Tracy Claeys just the man to carry on Jerry Kill's mission

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

A younger Claeys used to think about becoming a college head coach. Now he says he is fine just being there when Kill needs help.

"If any opportunities came up, of course, you evaluate them at the time," said Claeys, 44. "But at this point in my career, I wouldn't tell you that's a goal of mine at all. A goal is I want to be a part of the University of Minnesota football program and just win a Big Ten championship."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24341776/gophers-football-tracy-claeys-just-man-carry-jerry

Go Gophers!!

Double talk...

But I still really like the guy. I hope he stays with the team until we win a championship too.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

I wish nothing but the best for coach... but I do hope to see claeys puts his stamp on this team this week...

[SUB][/SUB]
I wish nothing but the best for coach... but I do hope to see claeys puts his stamp on this team this week...

He needs to lose some serious weight. He is an MI waiting to happen. Brady Hoke looks anorexic in comparison.

The more I read stuff like this the more obvious it becomes how fragile Kills health has been over the years. Maturi gambled wrong on Brew but he either didn't do his homework on Kill nearly as much as he claimed to have done or he's just dumber than I even thought. He basically played Russian Roulette with our football program twice and very likely lost big time in both instances.

The more I read stuff like this the more obvious it becomes how fragile Kills health has been over the years. Maturi gambled wrong on Brew but he either didn't do his homework on Kill nearly as much as he claimed to have done or he's just dumber than I even thought. He basically played Russian Roulette with our football program twice and very likely lost big time in both instances.

Unfortunately, I fear you are right.

killme you are correct. Maturi would have been better served getting a Kill-like coach, perhaps even Kill over Brewster. But some would have said it was another Gonzaga-stretch.

If it were a survivor pool I'd take Kill over Claeys. Dude is 44 and I wasn't sure he was going to make the jog across the field to shake hands with Fitz without stopping for oxygen.

Top Bottom