PiPress: Rodrick Williams a smaller 'Nugget' seeking bigger role

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

"This is my last year, so I mean, it's now or never," Williams said. "I've just got to mature. If they need me to lose weight, I need to lose weight. If they need me to run the ball 30 times (per game), I got to do that."

With David Cobb perhaps on his way to the NFL, the Gophers have an opening at featured tailback. Williams wants to carry the load.

Last season, Williams had 23 carries for 114 yards and three touchdowns, while Cobb shined in setting program records for rushes (314) and rushing yards (1,626) to go with 13 scores.

"I couldn't be more proud of anybody on this current team as I am of Rodrick," said Gophers offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover. "He dedicated himself. He lost weight in the offseason. He's been a model citizen. ... He's becoming a leader."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...odrick-williams-smaller-nugget-seeking-bigger

Go Gophers!!

This is pretty much the exact same article as what FSN first wrote and then Christensen earlier this week.

Interesting that the system seems to be working. Similar averages. About 5 yards per carry and scored on 3-4% of their carries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom