PiPress: Richard Pitino wants this to be Nate Mason’s team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

When Richard Pitino met with Nate Mason earlier this week the conversation was pretty clear: he wanted the Gophers to become Mason’s team.

The University of Minnesota sophomore point guard knows he’s capable of being a leader, but he isn’t ready yet to claim the Gophers will only go as far as he can take them.

“I’m not shy of being the guy,” Mason said. “I’m just not the type of guy who is going to say it’s my team, and I really haven’t earned that yet. If we won some games on my behalf, I can honestly say it’s my team. But I feel like we haven’t won any games that I can say I helped win.”

“This year has been really tough,” he said. “I’m just trying to hold my teammates together, the whole team together. We work hard in practice. We’ve got a good coaching staff. So the coaching staff is still there for us, putting everything toward giving us a scouting report. It’s really up to us going into the game and producing. I feel like once we do that we’ll get a win.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/1...ard-pitino-wants-this-to-be-nate-masons-team/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom