PiPress: Richard Pitino’s freshman class showing strides together

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Dupree McBrayer is starting to get that feeling again that he had last August on the foreign trip to Spain. He can sense that his Gophers’ freshman class can accomplish some big things together.

“We see how great we can become,” he said. “And that’s a great thing.”

But there were times during the season when that chemistry wasn’t showing and there were questions about more “if” not “when” the 2015 class would live up to expectations.

“Lot of ups and downs,” said McBrayer, who will start his 12th straight game Sunday at Illinois (12-16, 4-11). “There were times when you just be like, ‘Man, what did I sign up for?’ And other times, it was like ‘This is what I dream for.’ So basically staying with it. Got to be in the gym all the time. And I think that’s why we’re having a lot of impact, because we’re always in the gym.”

“I think what’s standing out to me the most is everyone’s talking to each other,” Murphy said. “Giving each other confidence and we’re all picking each other up. Leaders are being leaders. I think we’re taking good steps forward.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/2...inos-freshman-class-showing-strides-together/

Go Gophers!!

Man a win over Illinois and a win over Rutgers would sure be a heck of a way to close the year. It obviously won't right what has been a brutal season, but if the last thing these guys remember from this season is winning a few games and getting better, I'd think that will drive them to have a successful offseason.

Man a win over Illinois and a win over Rutgers would sure be a heck of a way to close the year. It obviously won't right what has been a brutal season, but if the last thing these guys remember from this season is winning a few games and getting better, I'd think that will drive them to have a successful offseason.

Agreed.

No confidence in beating the Skunks at the Barn? :confused:

“Lot of ups and downs,” said McBrayer, who will start his 12th straight game Sunday at Illinois (12-16, 4-11). “There were times when you just be like, ‘Man, what did I sign up for?’ And other times, it was like ‘This is what I dream for.’ So basically staying with it. Got to be in the gym all the time. And I think that’s why we’re having a lot of impact, because we’re always in the gym.

Keep this up for 4 years and we'll be a very good team.

Top Bottom