PiPress: Pitino liked new lineup despite second 25-point loss

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The only bright spot from the Gophers’ 25-point loss at Nebraska on Tuesday was that Richard Pitino’s new starting lineup played well for the first four minutes.

Four minutes. Yeah, it’s not much of a sample size at all. But it’s about the only thing that Minnesota can feel good about after the ninth loss in the last 10 games and six straight, 84-59 in Lincoln.

Pitino saw some positives early from sophomore Nate Mason, freshman Dupree McBrayer, freshman Ahmad Gilbert Jr., freshman Jordan Murphy and sophomore Bakary Konate, who were up 8-4 before the Gophers were blitzed by a 28-4 Nebraska run in the first half.

“I like the lineup I put out there,” Pitino said. “I thought they had good energy, had good juice. Then we got in foul trouble and it kind of sucked the life out of us.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...iked-new-lineup-despite-second-25-point-loss/

Go Gophers!!

It may be time to EE Carlos and Joey.

Can't really EE Carlos because of lack of depth and even if you bring King off the bench who replaces his bench minutes. It's hard to EE guys with only 10 potential players.

It's not like this team is going to the postseason, so do the most honorable and strategic things, which in my view is to balance honoring the seniors with developing the youngsters. As difficult as it is to watch him play, that means a lot of Bakary. It's way too early to give up on him.

It may be time to EE Carlos and Joey.

EE gets verbed, outstanding

he is getting more minutes per game with Jelgava than he got his senior year. and there are worse places to play than latvia. If he were still on the team we could probably stretch that 4 good minutes to 6.

forgot to add, EE isn't coming through that door

It's not like this team is going to the postseason, so do the most honorable and strategic things, which in my view is to balance honoring the seniors with developing the youngsters. As difficult as it is to watch him play, that means a lot of Bakary. It's way too early to give up on him.

I think Bakary will be in position to give us 10-15 good minutes his last 2 seasons. I'm very high on Lynch.

EE gets verbed, outstanding

he is getting more minutes per game with Jelgava than he got his senior year. and there are worse places to play than latvia. If he were still on the team we could probably stretch that 4 good minutes to 6.

forgot to add, EE isn't coming through that door

Yep, no chance at all that Pitino did not know how to use EE, it was all EE's fault. (Note, heavy sarcasm)

Do you guys think Pitino will be considered for Big Ten Coach of the Year this year? What he put together for those four minutes was a frickin thing of beauty. I for one was in awe. Those guys had some real juice. I mean, they looked like a tourney team. Give the guy a raise and an extension.

Is Buggs getting EE'd?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If Pitino EE's too many people will we start calling it Pitinoed? Kinda like Indiana has it's spring Creaning?

I think that has another meaning in certain Italian restaurants in Kentucky...

Pitino is a lock for Big Ten coach of the year!

This statement would win Perponderous Statement on KFAN!

Top Bottom