PiPress: Pitino and Co. ready to turn over a new leaf

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jace:

"Just growing up, just maturing as a team and as an individual," junior guard Nate Mason said. "Coach Pitino and his staff have been doing a great job this year, just making us more mature and making us grow up."

Sophomore forward Jordan Murphy said people will see the Gophers' progress by their first scrimmage. He doesn't think the Gophers will have troubling regaining their confidence after last season's struggles, adding that Minnesota has "a lot of good players."

"I don't think we're really much worried about just proving people wrong or anything like that," Murphy said. "I think we're more about just getting better day by day."

Mason noted that he's been with the Gophers for two years — "two bad seasons." But he said he's moved on from those.

"We've got a lot of talent, a different look to this team, and everyone's really hungry," he said. "So I'm excited for this season, excited for what we've got in the future."

http://www.wctrib.com/sports/college/4129538-pitino-and-co-ready-turn-over-new-leaf

Go Gophers!!

Dear Mr. Mason:

So am I! This team is going to surprise a lot of folks.

We now have a roster...so it's easy to think we could have our best team. If Springs, Coffey, Lynch, Mason and Murphy are penciled in as starters. That means McBrayer, Curry, Fitzgerald, Hurt, Konate, Gilbert and Diedhiou are available off the bench. Plus the walkon guys either presently or initially. That's a major difference from previous years. Competition and choices. Different available strengths or specialties to utilize in situations that you don't have to expose to extended minutes etc. We have to be better if we stay healthy and eligible.

I am very excited to know we will be in every game and a chance at NCAA tournament.

Top Bottom