PiPress: Paul Molitor pleased with Jug, Floyd visits

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

Twins manager Paul Molitor had a couple of special visitors in his office before Friday's game: The Little Brown Jug and Floyd of Rosedale.

They were at Target Field as part of University of Minnesota Night. University President Eric Kaler threw out the first pitch, and Goldy the Gopher was on hand as well.

"I have a tremendous amount of allegiance to the university for the opportunities they presented me a long time ago," said Molitor, a member of the school's athletic hall of fame. "It's kind of fun to follow the program. I like getting out there for the basketball games and the football games every now and then."

Before last season, the Gophers football program hadn't defeated Michigan (jug) and Iowa (pig) in the same season since 1967.

"To have the jug and the pig here in the office, that's a pretty good thing," Molitor said. "It's not too often we get to see these two relics together."

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_28032113/minnesota-twins-paul-molitor-pleased-jug-floyd-visits

Go Gophers!!

Fitting that Perkins got the save tonight as well.

Fitting that Perkins got the save tonight as well.

Heard during the Twin's game tonight that during a trip to Iowa during a Twin's caravan, Perkins brought a piggybank painted bronze. Did not go over well. :clap:

Top Bottom