PiPress: Gophers wide receivers have different backgrounds, one goal against Iowa

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Smith, however, was more in love with his social life at first. He didn’t play as a redshirt freshman year in 2014 nor as a sophomore years in 2015. He then saw some of the success roommates Eric Carter and Kunle Ayinde had.

“He’s always been a little bit of a knucklehead,” Leidner said, “so for him to finally mature and really become focused on what he wants his legacy to be here.”

Smith showed flashes of potential in spring practices, but really displayed a readiness during summer workouts.

“He was a guy that would call to get extra work in and that’s when I could finally tell he was ready to take his game to the next level,” Leidner said. “Being a bigger guy (6-foot-4, 210 pounds), having all the tools, how smooth of a route runner and his hands. I think everybody has always known that he has what it takes.”

Leidner has become the most-accurate passer in Gophers’ history with 57.3 completion percentage. He’s done so with the help of Wolitarsky and Smith, and he was looking to connect before practices restarted Tuesday.

“I text all those guys (Monday) night and said ‘I need you to go watch this, this, this on Iowa,’ ” Leidner said. “All of them text back super excited, so it’s a good group of guys.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/0...-different-backgrounds-one-goal-against-iowa/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

Smith, however, was more in love with his social life at first. He didn’t play as a redshirt freshman year in 2014 nor as a sophomore years in 2015. He then saw some of the success roommates Eric Carter and Kunle Ayinde had.

“He’s always been a little bit of a knucklehead,” Leidner said, “so for him to finally mature and really become focused on what he wants his legacy to be here.”

Smith showed flashes of potential in spring practices, but really displayed a readiness during summer workouts.

“He was a guy that would call to get extra work in and that’s when I could finally tell he was ready to take his game to the next level,” Leidner said. “Being a bigger guy (6-foot-4, 210 pounds), having all the tools, how smooth of a route runner and his hands. I think everybody has always known that he has what it takes.”

Leidner has become the most-accurate passer in Gophers’ history with 57.3 completion percentage. He’s done so with the help of Wolitarsky and Smith, and he was looking to connect before practices restarted Tuesday.

“I text all those guys (Monday) night and said ‘I need you to go watch this, this, this on Iowa,’ ” Leidner said. “All of them text back super excited, so it’s a good group of guys.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/0...-different-backgrounds-one-goal-against-iowa/

Go Gophers!!

Don't tell wait!what?, they're head might explode.

Did Leidner lose weight? I hope he isn't down to 210.

I believe the 210 was in reference to Smith

Like this kid a lot!

Does anyone know what is exactly going on with Gentry? Didn't travel not on depth charts. Transfer?

Like this kid a lot!

Does anyone know what is exactly going on with Gentry? Didn't travel not on depth charts. Transfer?

I heard both IG2 and MHjr5 were left off the travel roster in favor of walk-ons for the PSU game. Either they are hurt or all 4 of our prized WRs from the '14 class will be busts and not on the team in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom