PiPress: Gophers wanted Philip Nelson to skip elite camp and help QBs here

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The sophomore's presence in offseason workouts were critical with an inexperienced group of quarterbacks trying to learn from the returning starter.

"Probably as you get longer in your career, you can take that week or a couple days to be able to do that," Zebrowski said about Nelson, who skipped the Jeff Garcia Passing Academy this week in San Diego. "But for us right now, we're still early in the process."

Q: What have you heard about how Nelson has been progressing this summer?

A: Seems like when I call him and see how he's doing, things are going very well. I think him being here for a year now has helped. The first spring I think was huge, him going through and seeing it. Now he's more comfortable with all of the guys. He's getting the opportunity to really be a leader and set (offseason) practices up for those guys. You hope and pray after giving them guidance on what they need to work on, that they take it. Having Mitch around has helped. Mitch is just like Philip, as well as Chris -- those guys want to work. Philip has been here a year and a half, and people think of him as a wily veteran. But the (captain practices) are huge. All of those guys are becoming closer.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom