PiPress: Gophers men’s basketball wants to ‘change the perception’ of program

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chad:

“I said, ‘Last year, as hard as it was, that is a learning experience,’” Pitino said. “Sometimes you learn more from losing than you do from winning. I learned a lot, the staff learned a lot, the players learned a lot.”

And then?

“And then we said, we’re moving on,” Pitino said. “We’ve closed the book on that and are fired up for this year. … Book has been closed. We closed it, burnt it, threw it away, got rid of it.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/1...ll-wants-to-change-the-perception-of-program/

Go Gophers!!

I'm prepared to get steamrolled for this because I'm sure some will disagree...but I'm impressed with Pitino's handling of the program off the court. He has a good presence with the media, he's saying the right things, and seems like he's doing the right things. He's punching above his weight class IMO.

Now let's improve that on-the-court product.

Go Gophers.

I agree, he gives more than coach speak, is on point, and generally seems real.

I think he will be successful I just hope that it is here.

That's been my thought since day one. My opinion hasn't changed, but the timeline here is becoming more urgent.

Go Gophers!!

Changing perception

Best way to change perception?

(1) Win games. Play a good game, don't talk a good game.

(2) Keep your pants on (a metaphor for keep your nose clean off the court).

(3) Don't get caught up in personal agendas that could be cancerous to your team.

Ready for this season to finally start. There's room for B1G upward mobility once you get past Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, and Ohio State. 6 on down to 13 could be crazy.

Best way to change perception?

(1) Win games. Play a good game, don't talk a good game.

(2) Keep your pants on (a metaphor for keep your nose clean off the court).

(3) Don't get caught up in personal agendas that could be cancerous to your team.

Ready for this season to finally start. There's room for B1G upward mobility once you get past Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, and Ohio State. 6 on down to 13 could be crazy.

I am going to amend your second point otherwise I agree 100%.

I'll refer to my Highschool girlfriend's dad who worded it the best:

"You better keep the snake out of the weeds son!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to amend your second point otherwise I agree 100%.

I'll refer to my Highschool girlfriend's dad who worded it the best:

"You better keep the snake out of the weeds son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I that why they call you Weed Eater?

I'm prepared to get steamrolled for this because I'm sure some will disagree...but I'm impressed with Pitino's handling of the program off the court. He has a good presence with the media, he's saying the right things, and seems like he's doing the right things. He's punching above his weight class IMO.

Now let's improve that on-the-court product.

Go Gophers.

Agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom