PiPress: Gophers football: Philip Nelson, Mitch Leidner could share snaps at QB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"You don't want your starter getting hit all the time," Kill said. "If there's a deal where you can sprinkle somebody in there, then that helps you later on down the road."

"I want to be healthy, and do whatever we can to win," Nelson said Tuesday. "Everybody kind of realized that we needed (to be healthier). I think we're going to stop making the quarterback run 15-plus times a game. But at the same time, if that's what it may be to win, that's what you've got to do."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...tball-philip-nelson-mitch-leidner-could-share

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

"You don't want your starter getting hit all the time," Kill said. "If there's a deal where you can sprinkle somebody in there, then that helps you later on down the road."

"I want to be healthy, and do whatever we can to win," Nelson said Tuesday. "Everybody kind of realized that we needed (to be healthier). I think we're going to stop making the quarterback run 15-plus times a game. But at the same time, if that's what it may be to win, that's what you've got to do."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...tball-philip-nelson-mitch-leidner-could-share

Go Gophers!!

This is an excellent article about the need and use for depth, at all positions. GH'ers are so tunnel visioned that "Who is the Starter" is all inclusive to mean playing every play. It is not possible.

True story: In high school, I was two year starter at QB. I never played every play, every game. My understudy came in to give me a play off, he called the same play I was going to call. The play worked just fine, but he went down with a knee injury, that took him out for the next two weeks. It could have been me.

So, let Leidner take his share of the snaps that Coach Kill determines, and let the chips fall where they may. Ya just never know.

Top Bottom