PiPress: Gophers coach Tracy Claeys wants contract extension. Just not yet.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

After this season, Gophers football coach Tracy Claeys will have two years left on his contract. That’s when he would prefer to start talking about a possible extension.

“We enjoy being here and with the new facilities going to be coming along here pretty soon … obviously, yeah, we would like to get something worked out,” Claeys said Tuesday on KFXN-FM.

Claeys said he wants to focus on finishing the season and after that is a good time to talk with new athletics director Mark Coyle. Claeys received the extension from interim AD Beth Goetz; Coyle was hired in May.

“I don’t have time to mess with it, but hopefully it will be something that is addressed at the end of the season,” Claeys said. “Mainly from a recruiting standpoint, if you’ve got three years left on a deal, recruiting has went really good. But when you get down to two (years), it can be a little tough.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/0...claeys-wants-contract-extension-just-not-yet/

Go Gophers!!

TC: 2 or more out of4 wins and you got an extension, Big Boy. Go get em'.

Extension? I read somewhere he should have been fired weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two more wins in four more games

So we should hope that we only win 1 more, good enough to extend here but not enough to be wanted elsewhere?!

Tracy wins two of the next four games, that'll give the Gophers a nine win season. That would make it much more difficult to justify complaining. I'd be on board with that... 9 and 4 is a nice season for Minnesota football. Go Gophers!
Course, if he wins the next three in a row...we got five games in total to play. What would those odds be?

I do like how Tracy just puts it out there and negotiates for his future contracts in public, seemingly oblivious to the fact some people question if he will even have a job here next year.

If Claeys wins 10 we should fully expect the rumor machine to produce 2-3 schools that have shown 'interest' in TC. Enough to try and shake Coyle's tree. It's what the rumor machine is paid to do.

had MN made the Big Ten Championship Game against OH in 2014 we may have seen Jerry bolt for greener pastures.

Top Bottom