PiPress: Gophers' Bobek has plenty of heart

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Now fully healthy, Bobek played well as Minnesota’s starting center in the season opener Sept. 3 against Texas Christian.

“He’s got a lot of heart and desire to play,” Gophers coach Jerry Kill said. “That’s a good story. A kid went through all that and stayed in there.”

Bobek’s start was the fifth-year senior’s first since the 2011 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, a showcase for standout high school players.

“It was tremendous,” he said. “It was pretty intense, but it was everything I thought it was going to be. It was just a lot of fun to be able to go out there and compete.”

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/football/3837684-gophers-bobek-has-plenty-heart

Go Gophers!!

Nice endearing story of overcoming obstacles. Let's hope he is granted a sixth year of eligibility.

Nice endearing story of overcoming obstacles. Let's hope he is granted a sixth year of eligibility.

I was wondering about this. Some people have said it's usually announced before the start of the season, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Think how great it will be for Bobek when we beat OSU at OSU and then again at the B1G Championship game.

Top Bottom