PiPress: Gophers already have doubled use of true freshmen

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Eight true freshmen already have played this season, compared to just four in all last year.

The six freshmen who have played on defense are linebackers Everett Williams and Jonathan Celestin, cornerback Craig James and defensive linemen Steven Richardson, Andrew Stelter, Gaelin Elmore and Gary Moore.

Moore is the biggest of all of them at 6-foot-4, 300 pounds. But he was most recent to get his redshirt burned, last weekend. There were times he and other freshmen up front ran out of gas, especially in the second half.

"Being a young player is not an excuse to not perform," senior defensive tackle Cameron Botticelli said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_26500353/gophers-already-have-doubled-use-true-freshmen

Go Gophers!!

Campion is not a left tackle. I am assuming the fact he is still there means Lauer's ankle is still mending.

Should we take this as a sign that Kill & Co. have added another level of quality to our program? It's how I choose to look at it. More true freshman playing means that the recruiting being done is better than what we had in the past. Always look on the bright side of life...

On field performance aside, are there negatives to this? Like does it end up messing with recruiting cycles or anything?

Campion is not a left tackle. I am assuming the fact he is still there means Lauer's ankle is still mending.

He's played left tackle in both games this year. Lauer rotated with Pirsig as far as I could tell against MTSU.

Top Bottom