Pioneer Press: Three more Gophers football recruits pull their commitments

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The Gophers’ 2017 football recruiting class continued to shift Monday morning.

After new coach P.J. Fleck added 10 new players over the weekend — including nine who flipped commitments from Western Michigan to Minnesota — three players previously committed to former head coach Tracy Claeys decided to decommit to the U on Monday, according to their messages on Twitter.

Those players were Claudin Cherelus, outside linebacker/safety from Naples, Fla.; Javan Hawes, wide receiver from Tyrone, Ga., and Jakyle Holmes, a running back/athlete from Ponchatoula, La.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/09/three-more-gophers-football-recruits-pull-their-commitments/

Go Gophers!!

Pulled their commitments, likely after being advised to do so.

Pulled their commitments, likely after being advised to do so.

this is a good point-- I am hoping for a full class this year as I expect we will not be able to fill all of the graduates, transfers (both from the suspensions/expulsions) transfers

PP looks like it'll spin anything negative what they can about PJ Fleck... I might be wrong but I've not seen any article from that paper about 10 commits in 3 days...

Maybe Coach Fleck felt his commits had better skills than those already committed to the U. So many needs that he didn't want to load up on anyone position and waste a scholarship on a " project". Hopefully he is aware of the Blake Cashman situation.

Maybe Coach Fleck felt his commits had better skills than those already committed to the U. So many needs that he didn't want to load up on anyone position and waste a scholarship on a " project". Hopefully he is aware of the Blake Cashman situation.
We can take as many walk- on Blake Cashman type of player as we want

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PP looks like it'll spin anything negative what they can about PJ Fleck... I might be wrong but I've not seen any article from that paper about 10 commits in 3 days...
No. They are simply sharing a fact that some recruits have changed their minds about playing for Fleck. Those recruits don't know Fleck. No one should be expected to make a blind choice with their college career regardless of who has become the new coach.

You act as though Claeys and crew left the cupboard bare. A 9-4 season says otherwise.

This got me thinking. Do you think Fleck and Claeys have talked since PJ'S hiring? Is that something that would happen? It wouldn't be a bad idea, just to get info about kids, situations like Blake's and any thing else that would be good to pass on.

I suppose O Brien and Sherels can help in that regard too.

This got me thinking. Do you think Fleck and Claeys have talked since PJ'S hiring? Is that something that would happen? It wouldn't be a bad idea, just to get info about kids, situations like Blake's and any thing else that would be good to pass on.

I suppose O Brien and Sherels can help in that regard too.

I doubt they had detailed discussions, maybe if Claeys had some specific message for PJ about a particular player, or he could just tell Obrien or Sherels to remind PJ that the light switch on that one wall is funky or something.

I will no longer click on a link to the Pioneer Press. Call it immature or call it what you want. But for a paper I used to like and subscribe to, it now only spews negative sensationalism regarding the Gophies.

Thanks for sharing. Links meant for deckergopher...

I'm with you, I make a point not to click on the negative story links for either of the rags in town. If it was just good solid journalism with an interesting perspective, that would be different, but the tone is almost always negative out of these rags and I won't support them.

LOL, yep Mitch Leidner was our only hope...

There are some huge question marks around the QB situation going into next year though.

None of the options inspire much confidence.

There are some huge question marks around the QB situation going into next year though.

None of the options inspire much confidence.
We got "smash" and "bash" coming back. All you need is a live body at QB and we'll go 6-6.

Who needs B1G talent when you can flip MAC talent..

Top Bottom