Pioneer Press on Jerry Kill's Victory over Auburn 😉

Iceland12

Reaction score
Since everybody else gets to have a thread on Jerry Kill. And I'm not even a fan:banghead:

There was a lot of head-scratching in Minnesota when former Gophers coach Jerry Kill took over moribund the New Mexico State football program before last season.

The Aggies were conference nomads and had a 8-39 record over the previous four years.

After health issues ended his Minnesota tenure in 2015, it looked like the ol’ ball coach just couldn’t give it up. He came back to Minnesota in September 2022 and left with a 38-0 loss to the Gophers. Two weeks later, Wisconsin beat his team 66-7.

But Kill stuck with it, reached bowl eligibility and beat Bowling Green to win the Quick Lane Bowl last December. The program had been to three bowls since 1959.

Then on Saturday, Kill and New Mexico State improved to 9-3 with a stunning 31-10 victory at Auburn (6-5). The Aggies were 25-point underdogs and came out with the program’s first win against a Southeastern Conference team.

Kill told reporters what he said to his players when he walked into the visiting locker room after the game.

“I probably shouldn’t ’t say this,” he was quoted by al.com. “But life’s short and I may not be here tomorrow, so I walked in and said, ‘Hey, we just got $1.7 million (payment) to play a (SEC) team. So how about $1.7 million and winning the game.’

“So the kids, they’re all fired up, wondering when they’re going to get it. They want it all to be NIL (name, image and likeness) money.”

Kill went 29-29 in four-plus seasons at Minnesota from 2011-15. Three big wins at the U came in 2014, a road victory over Michigan for the Little Brown Jug, a home blowout of Iowa and late drama in a road victory at No. 21 Nebraska during an 8-5 season..

Last edited:

Since everybody else gets to have a thread on Jerry Kill..:banghead:

There was a lot of head-scratching in Minnesota when former Gophers coach Jerry Kill took over moribund the New Mexico State football program before last season.

The Aggies were conference nomads and had a 8-39 record over the previous four years.

After health issues ended his Minnesota tenure in 2015, it looked like the ol’ ball coach just couldn’t give it up. He came back to Minnesota in September 2022 and left with a 38-0 loss to the Gophers. Two weeks later, Wisconsin beat his team 66-7.

But Kill stuck with it, reached bowl eligibility and beat Bowling Green to win the Quick Lane Bowl last December. The program had been to three bowls since 1959.

Then on Saturday, Kill and New Mexico State improved to 9-3 with a stunning 31-10 victory at Auburn (6-5). The Aggies were 25-point underdogs and came out with the program’s first win against a Southeastern Conference team.

Kill told reporters what he said to his players when he walked into the visiting locker room after the game.

“I probably shouldn’t ’t say this,” he was quoted by al.com. “But life’s short and I may not be here tomorrow, so I walked in and said, ‘Hey, we just got $1.7 million (payment) to play a (SEC) team. So how about $1.7 million and winning the game.’

“So the kids, they’re all fired up, wondering when they’re going to get it. They want it all to be NIL (name, image and likeness) money.”

Kill went 29-29 in four-plus seasons at Minnesota from 2011-15. Three big wins at the U came in 2014, a road victory over Michigan for the Little Brown Jug, a home blowout of Iowa and late drama in a road victory at No. 21 Nebraska during an 8-5 season..

By you, I meant the University. You're getting nothing.

Brighter than many posters on here? Or they like to give their all when they are on the football field. Something new to you?
Not sure what you mean by any of this. I thought it was funny they thought they’d be getting any of the $1.7 mil.

Not many on that listed touted the spouse they way old Jerry did tho. Well, I knew i out kicked my coverage with Rebecca. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Rebecca. It was incessant.

Not many on that listed touted the spouse they way old Jerry did tho. Well, I knew i out kicked my coverage with Rebecca. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Rebecca. It was incessant.

Throwing "incessant" in there huh? Why not just say that it was a bit and how giddy you were that you mentioned it on here first. Because that's all that it's about.

You have no idea what they were saying about their wives.

Glen Mason mentioned his wife a whole lot. So did Brian Kelly. Understand that Sarkisian talked about his first wife a lot when recruting. Meat Sauce, Chad Hartman and Paul Allen all talked about their wives a lot on the air. P.J. got in trouble here early on when Western Michigan fans came over to tell us that he used the same schtick about his first wife over there that he was saying around here about his trophy wife.

Top Bottom