Pioneer Press: Gophers recruit says new coach can ‘clean the place up’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

As news that P.J. Fleck had been named the new head football coach at the University of Minnesota became official, recruits were forced to sit and wait, unsure about their immediate future with the program.

“I’m still waiting to hear from Coach Fleck,” three-star wide receiver Javan Hawes said. “We aren’t sure right now if he’s going to honor the commitments from Coach Claeys. … I’m committed to a college that I really want to go to and now my future kind of rests in his hands.”

Hawes, of Tyrone, Ga., said even though the past few days have been stressful, he likes the Fleck hiring on the surface.

“It’s good for the program,” he said. “I feel like it can help clean the place up a little bit, at least when it comes to bringing some positivity with the negativity that has surrounded the program over the last month.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/06/gophers-recruit-says-new-coach-can-clean-the-place-up/

Go Gophers!!

Has to be really tough on the Claeys commits. Hope things work out for them one way or another. Probably need to give Fleck and the new staff time to look into each of these guys individually

He is our 10th highest rated recruit on 247. Some of the WMU guys who flipped are on the bottom of the MN commits rating wise. It would suck to get bounced if your commitment has been solidly to Minnesota since July.

Looks like MN and Purdue are his only Power 5 interests and WMU did not recruit him. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Top Bottom