Pioneer Press: Gophers cornerback Jalen Myrick gets NFL Draft combine invite

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Gophers senior cornerback Jalen Myrick will be invited to the NFL Draft scouting combine in March, according to a source.

The NFL has yet to release the combine invitation list, but Myrick is scheduled to participate in defensive back tests and interviews from March 4-7 in Indianapolis. The draft is April 27-29, with ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. projecting Myrick to be taken on the third day when rounds 4-7 take place.

Myrick is the only known Gopher at this point to be invited to this year’s combine. The Gophers had three players in the 2016 combine (De’Vondre Campbell, Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray) and three in 2015 (Maxx Williams, David Cobb and Damien Wilson).

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/0...en-myrick-to-be-invited-to-nfl-draft-combine/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Not surprised that both Myrick and Travis are getting invites. Would think Pirsig might have a shot at snagging an invite as well. I am not sure what kind of future Myrick has as a pro but I think his speed will play well with scouts at the combine and probably get him drafted higher then he should be as the NFL loves speed (Troy Williamson). Travis would strike me as the one coming out this year that has the best shot at a long NFL career.

Top Bottom