Pioneer Press: Gophers basketballs newest, best recruiter: recent commit Daniel Oturu

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chad:

Oturu’s early commitment filled a need for Pitino’s recruiting class, but perhaps just as important, it gives him a vocal supporter who plans to be in the ear of the state’s best prep players.

“I hope to get some of my classmates to come with me too,” Oturu said. “Since I’m committed now and they see that I’m going there, hopefully I can start recruiting them to come with me.”

Oturu committed to the Gophers via a phone call with Pitino and assistant coach Ben Johnson, whom Oturu said were ecstatic to hear his news.

But later that morning, Oturu reached out to three more people — Jones, Kalscheur and Thompson — to tell them his news and begin his own phase of recruiting.

“They were really happy for me,” Oturu said. “Race was like, ‘I kind of expected it.’ They were just really excited for me and happy that I chose Minnesota.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/2...st-best-recruiter-recent-commit-daniel-oturu/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom