Pioneer Press agenda?

Tucker32

Reaction score
What is their agenda? In their article about Freeman not pressing charges they once again state that 10 players had sexual contact with the girl while others watched, cheered...

There is no evidence that ten players had sexual contact, yet they continue to push that message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is their agenda? In their article about Freeman not pressing charges they once again state that 10 players had sexual contact with the girl while others watched, cheered...

There is no evidence that ten players had sexual contact, yet they continue to push that message.

I don't know but the way they wrote that article is going to open them up to defamation suits by the players who didn't have sexual contact

The ESPN article actually does a good job of laying out the story without sensationalizing it. But of course they manage to bring up Gangelhoff, Megatongue and J Robinson.

The ESPN article actually does a good job of laying out the story without sensationalizing it. But of course they manage to bring up Gangelhoff, Megatongue and J Robinson.

At least they didn't bring up Ron Behagen, Corky Taylor and Mitchell (Champagne Glass) Lee.

Will the ten photos were plastered all over the various local rags open them up to all sorts of legal trouble?

It's a great question. Could they put a picture of anyone on TV with a "sexual assault" title as long as they said that person won't be charged with the crime? Doesn't seem right.

They are not in a very strong position in ad revenue or circulation. They found an angle on a story that must be getting them a LOT of clicks. They're apparently not worried at all about balance, or even getting out any facts that don't go to the "hang them all" agenda.

It's probably more a question of survival that journalistic pursuit.

Or dignity for that matter.

It's a great question. Could they put a picture of anyone on TV with a "sexual assault" title as long as they said that person won't be charged with the crime? Doesn't seem right.

The inconsistency with "we will not name the alleged until they are charged" drives me crazy. I really wonder how the media might treat this differently if Carter Coughlin and Blake Cashman were two of the "second" five added in the EEOA report?

Also, I simply don't understand how this statement can be part of the article by Dave Orrick, "The prolonged incident included at least 10 males having sexual contact with her while players lined up outside the room to watch, listen or wait their turn, according to investigations by Minneapolis police and the university."

This is simply not a true statement, and reflects a lack of integrity and purposeful misrepresentation of some of the student-athletes.

Top Bottom