Picture of renovated Gophers locker room at Gibson/Nagurski

This looks fantastic. Love it. Upgrading facilities does wonders for recruiting.

Dinardo and others often comment that Minnesota "facilities" are not up to snuff in the B10 even with TCF.

What exactly does this change? Is the 1980's Lou Holtz indoor practice faciltiy the main problem?

I am not sure what else can be the issue, since the locker room and weight room are state of art, apparently. As recently as a couple of years ago the Iowa indoor practice facility was a Augsburg like bubble, so how can Minnesota be so far behind?

Dinardo and others often comment that Minnesota "facilities" are not up to snuff in the B10 even with TCF.

What exactly does this change? Is the 1980's Lou Holtz indoor practice faciltiy the main problem?

I am not sure what else can be the issue, since the locker room and weight room are state of art, apparently. As recently as a couple of years ago the Iowa indoor practice facility was a Augsburg like bubble, so how can Minnesota be so far behind?

Basically as soon as someone else in the conference gets a new facility or upgrades their existing facility all others in the conference are suddenly sub-par and viewed by everyone internally as a major recruiting disadvantage. There is no end to this cycle, as soon as you upgrade one portion of your facility there is going to be another part that needs to be addressed, just the nature of the arms race that exists in college athletics. Unless you are one of those schools that can afford to stay on the cutting edge (and clearly we are not) you will always be fighting an uphill battle trying to keep up with the shiny new toys at some other school.

Iowa just finished building a new practice facility.

Where are the rocking chair seats? You know, just like they have in movie theaters!

Top Bottom