Pick Per Day -- Who's interested?

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
I'm getting a bit energized about the 2010-2011 season and wondering how much interest there is in participating in another year's Pick per Day competition. If interested, please add your comment to this thread so I can get a gauge of the level of interest. I have to re-do some of the tables, etc this year as I'll be using new software. (Being a newly retired guy, I opted to use Open Office and Google Documents instead of the pricey Windows software when I upgraded my computer)

Here's how PPD works for those who are new to the Hole since last season:

• I'll list the next day's Div. 1 games for which a line is established by one of the odds "aggregators" Last year I normally published the list the night before the games are played.
  • You choose which team and which line you want for that day's games. There's normally a 5PM deadline to get your pick in. Only one pick per GH member but you can change your pick as long as you do so in a way that I can easily see it's a revised pick;
  • After the results are in, I tally who's "won" and calculate your year-to-date won'loss record and standing
  • At the end of the season, the winner gets to stand and be revered by his/her fellow competitors

I'm also mulling over the possibility of running Predict the Score for this year's Gopher games. But if someone else is interested in running that, please let me know. (Predict the Score is run for every Gopher game and the winner is the GHer who is closest to the actual score. Standings are published on a cumulative basis.)

BTW, I think PPD will start on Friday 11/12 when there will be enough games to get us started. (There's four games scheduled for 11/10 and none for 11/11)

I liked the predictions for gopher games.

It would be great if you could do this again this season. Love it.

I don't have a great batting average on remembering to participate. But I vow to do better this year.

I'm all in Snowman - thanks for doing this again.

Welcome to the retirement ranks - rr.

As a "visitor" to this site I absolutely love this and the football wagering.

Top Bottom