Phillip Nelson

gophers141

Reaction score
Will Nelson be redshirted next year?
Will he play over Shortell after Gray departs?

Let me look into my crystal ball and get back to you.

Check out the 200 other threads on this topic. He should be red-shirted next year and compete with Shortell for the starting spot in 2013.

Has anyone seen him play in person? I ask because he is supposed to be our future and it looked liked he had a rough state tournament so I am wondering if maybe he is just a product of weak competition and will end up being a bust.

Has anyone seen him play in person? I ask because he is supposed to be our future and it looked liked he had a rough state tournament so I am wondering if maybe he is just a product of weak competition and will end up being a bust.
Already topics about this. Just search Phillip Nelson.

What do you base his rough state tournament on? The 300 yards of passing or the 180+ yards of rushing?

What do you base his rough state tournament on? The 300 yards of passing or the 180+ yards of rushing?
In the world where Tebow is an NFL QB despite some pretty horrid passing statistics(rushing stats pretty good though) if you don't win, you didn't play well.

In the world where Tebow is an NFL QB despite some pretty horrid passing statistics(rushing stats pretty good though) if you don't win, you didn't play well.

His defense also should have stopped someone when they came up against a good offense. That's not his fault. I'll take 500 yards of offense from one guy if he's playing for the Gophers any Saturday.

Déjà vu all over again

Another Nelson string - the gift that keeps on giving.

With all the new schools afterhim I am more concerned about him showing up than if he will be red shirted. For that matter I am in the camp he will be red shirted.

With all the new schools afterhim I am more concerned about him showing up than if he will be red shirted. For that matter I am in the camp he will be red shirted.
Not really concerned about him showing up. He starts class in like 6-7 weeks.

He should redshirt without a doubt. Being that he plans to enroll early, he would go through spring ball twice and fall practice twice before he even had a chance to step on the field. That could help him a lot.

I thought this was about Leslie Nielsen. Boy, am I disappointed...

I will answer both of your questions with "I think maybe I don't know".

I am sorry to hear that you don't have an "Expert License." They only cost two cents. Maybe that is why they are only good here at the GopherHole. None of the gopher coaches recognize them and/or say they are valid. But a person can still give their two cents worth here even though with inflation it is often not worth that much.

West's competition was down this year in the regular season. They crushed the Wright County Champ (Hutch). His top receiver got hurt in the State Semi-Final and that hurt them. Bemidji was just a better team.

Top Bottom