Phil Steele has the Gophers losing more games this year due to SOS

Steele is a douche bag! He has us battling Indiana for the cellar

I don't think that anyone would argue that a 7-5 record this year would hold more water than a 7-5 record last year. The schedule is definitely tougher than last year, I think "the experts" are overlooking the fact that a team that's basically been without a homefield advantage for almost 3 decades is finally going to have one.

I would be happy with 7-5 and giddy with anything better than that.

agree- 7 wins would be good and 8 very good against the much tougher schedule. Hopefully the new stadium and exciting environment will have a positive impact on the morale and performance.

I will be happy with anything better than 6-6. This team has waaaay too many unknowns. Just two new schemes with two new coordinators is enough to make you pause. There are personnel issues all over the place......question marks. I think this is a very unpredictable team at this point.

Keep in mind too that the strength of schedule prediction can quickly fall apart. Last year, preseason, it seemed like Purdue on the road would have been a very tough game. Purdue fell apart and stunk all year. Also, Northwestern played very well despite losing key players to injuries, Iowa played bad early and great late, and Wisconsin did not perform as well as predicted (even though they beat us).

That being said, I could see our currently strong looking schedule weaken quite a bit if two strong looking teams that we play fall in the crapper (maybe MSU has a rough season without Ringer; maybe tOSU if Pryor has a really bad sophomore slump).

On the other hand, average/lesser teams like Air Force, Northwestern, Sconny, Syracuse, Purdue, could end up not being "who we thought they were" and kill our record.

Keep in mind too that the strength of schedule prediction can quickly fall apart. Last year, preseason, it seemed like Purdue on the road would have been a very tough game. Purdue fell apart and stunk all year. Also, Northwestern played very well despite losing key players to injuries, Iowa played bad early and great late, and Wisconsin did not perform as well as predicted (even though they beat us).

That being said, I could see our currently strong looking schedule weaken quite a bit if two strong looking teams that we play fall in the crapper (maybe MSU has a rough season without Ringer; maybe tOSU if Pryor has a really bad sophomore slump).

On the other hand, average/lesser teams like Air Force, Northwestern, Sconny, Syracuse, Purdue, could end up not being "who we thought they were" and kill our record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Top Bottom