Phil Miller blog: Talks about Harbaugh, Fulmer and Leach

" Probably a dozen different people with connections to the school have confirmed that, in addition to the controversy that got him fired a year ago, Leach offended people around the program when the Gophers played the Red Raiders in the Insight Bowl in 2006."

Offended by WHAT? That his team didn't quit at halftime?

It was rumored that Leach was drunk and beligerant the night before the Bowl game and several people witnessed it. I dont really know the details, I think it was at the hotel or somewhere public.

" Probably a dozen different people with connections to the school have confirmed that, in addition to the controversy that got him fired a year ago, Leach offended people around the program when the Gophers played the Red Raiders in the Insight Bowl in 2006."

Leach cried after that comeback...he had a real appreciation for his players if nothing else...

LOL. The people that got offended are probably the same clowns pushing for Trestman. Fuggum.

I'll take a raging alcoholic who beats Bucky & Herky on a regular basis over a teetotaler that goes 0-8 vs. his rivals.

LOL. The people that got offended are probably the same clowns pushing for Trestman. Fuggum.

I'll take a raging alcoholic who beats Bucky & Herky on a regular basis over a teetotaler that goes 0-8 vs. his rivals.

exactly. christ this school is lame.

It was rumored that Leach was drunk and beligerant the night before the Bowl game and several people witnessed it. I dont really know the details, I think it was at the hotel or somewhere public.

So let me get this straight. Leach got drunk and belligerent the night before he staged the largest comeback victory in bowl history, AND WE AREN'T CONSIDERING HIM?

why are people still clinging to this whole leach thing when clearly the gophers don't seem interested? Let it go until we actually hear something otherwise!

why are people still clinging to this whole leach thing when clearly the gophers don't seem interested? Let it go until we actually hear something otherwise!

BECAUSE PIRATES

He took a gigantic crap in the buffet and then screamed the people that catered the food.

Thankfully, though, Mark Mangino was there to finish the buffet off.

+ 1 leach is the man! I won't wavier from my position. Of course this damn university has to pick a plain Jane, ave Joe, politically correct coach that will pull 500. BS every year. I want the guy that doesn't give a crap that will stop at nothing to win and doesn't except failure!! Oh and did i mention he's an offensive genius!!! So many schools would kill to have leach.

Wasn't some yankees pitcher drunk during his no-hitter one time?
There is such a stigma around alcohol in this country it is amazing. I don't know if that story has any truth to it at all, but people make way to big of a deal around anything having to do with alcohol. If you aren't driving, you should be able to have as much alcohol as you want. If Texas Tech didn't think that Leach was representing the school poorly, the U of M has no authority to pass judgement.

Wasn't some yankees pitcher drunk during his no-hitter one time?
There is such a stigma around alcohol in this country it is amazing. I don't know if that story has any truth to it at all, but people make way to big of a deal around anything having to do with alcohol. If you aren't driving, you should be able to have as much alcohol as you want. If Texas Tech didn't think that Leach was representing the school poorly, the U of M has no authority to pass judgement.

It was a perfect game. David Wells, in 1998 against (drum roll....) THE TWINS! He claims to have only been hungover...

Has anyone mentioned that after Leach got drunk and belligerent HE WON THE GAME?

Maybe Maturi blames him for putting him in position to fire Mason...

Being behind by 40 points to the Gophers at half is a very sobering thought.

HIRE THE PIRATE!

True Pirates know the outcome - Leach's only mistake was he celebrated the outcome a little early.

Top Bottom