Pete Carroll says he would have stayed at USC if he knew sanctions were coming

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Yea right!! :pig:

Carroll told the Los Angeles Times he would not have left the Trojans in January 2010, if he knew what penalties the NCAA was going to impose after it determined Reggie Bush and his family received money and other benefits from sports marketers.

"The truth was, an opportunity came up and it was one I couldn't turn away from," Carroll told the Times. "... The NCAA came back at the university ... 'Now we're going to revisit after five years.' I had no knowledge that was coming. We thought maybe it wasn't coming because they didn't have anything to get us with. It wasn't five days, it wasn't five weeks. It was five years. Had we known that that was imminent ... I would never have been able to leave under those circumstances. When I look back now, I would have stayed there to do what we needed to do to resolve the problem."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/coll...oll-says-left-usc-trojans-knew-ncaa-sanctions

Go Gophers!!

He would have been the only one in the country not knowing some kind of sanctions were coming.

We thought maybe it wasn't coming because they didn't have anything to get us with.

Translation: "Yeah, we know we constantly broke rules, but we really thought we covered our tracks well".

I now hate him and the Seahawks at an even higher degree.

and don't forget russell (pretty boy) Wilson in your hate rant.

Absolute lair. 24-7. What a tool.

Top Bottom