Perusing future B1G conference schedules

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Spent some time on the B1G web site looking at future conference schedules, and the one thing that really stood out was the very manageable 2-year schedule Michigan State has in 2013 and 2014. Sparty misses Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin during that 2-year cycle.

Of course, what looks manageable today doesn't necessarily end up being the case a year or two from now, but if I'm a Legends Division team I like my chances of winning a division title much more playing cross-overs Illinois, Indiana and Purdue as opposed to OSU, the Nitts & Bucky.

http://www.bigten.org/auto_pdf/p_ho...s/m-footbl/auto_pdf/12-13-14-future-schedules

Wow...that is a gift for them. Anything else jump out at you?

Gophers ever gonna get a break like that?

Gophers ever gonna get a break like that?

We had that break in 2003 - missing Ohio State and Purdue, who tied for second in the conference at 6-2 - and screwed it up that fateful Friday night. Hopefully the stars align again someday, and we finish the job.

We had that break in 2003 - missing Ohio State and Purdue, who tied for second in the conference at 6-2 - and screwed it up that fateful Friday night. Hopefully the stars align again someday, and we finish the job.

We also had it in 1999 when we missed Michigan (Orange Bowl winner over Alabama) & Michigan State (CapOne Bowl winner over Florida). No reason to wonder why '99 & '03 produced MN's best Big Ten records since Penn State joined the conference. You're right; if the stars align again someday, hopefully we kick down the door.

FireDaveLee said:
We also had it in 1999 when we missed Michigan (Orange Bowl winner over Alabama) & Michigan State (CapOne Bowl winner over Florida). No reason to wonder why '99 & '03 produced MN's best Big Ten records since Penn State joined the conference. You're right; if the stars align again someday, hopefully we kick down the door.

Bum Phillips reference?

Bum Phillips reference?

What can I say? My dad was fan of Bum. :) "I don't think I ever saw Earl (Campbell) finish a mile run, but I've never seen a football field a mile long so it didn't bother me!"

Top Bottom