Perspective

Saber

Reaction score
You're never as good as you think you are after a big win. And you're never as bad as you think you are after a bad loss.

1 game is 1 game. This doesn't hurt us in the standings any more or any less than the OT loss we had to open the conference.

MSU responded well to a bad game against PSU. Our guys need to respond well to this game with a good one at PSU.

It's nice to be humbled once in a while. Now go out and steam roll Penn State. Let this be the last time we get embarrassed.

It's like my dear old pappy told me many many years ago, "Sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes you're the statue."

Pitino said: " We have a long way to go " Tonight showed what he was talking about. I could give you the why and why nots what he is talking about, but I don't think there are a lot guys on this site that played beyond grade school and driveway basketball. It would go on deaf ears. This team is young and has a lot weak spots. We've a sophomore in Murphy who still thinks he can get away with a high school spin move in the lane. You saw tonight what happened with that move. We'll see how they react against Penn State. When you get beat down like they did tonight that is tough to come back from. You question yourself. " Are we that bad"? This is different than going into Purdue because you knew you were good enough to beat MSU. One thing for sure, they need Mason to find his mojo, or PSU could be the same results as tonight.

Team bounced back from the the first Sparty loss will have to again. Penn St just became a big game. Can't let this snowball into a losing streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every team has that one opponent. Let Michigan State be ours.
On to Penn State.

The key is not to let one loss become two. Saturday's game is big.

Go Gophers!!

Perspective is important. Coming into this season this team was not supposed to be a contender in the BIG. The start to the season had a lot of us excited and shooting for the moon but the reality is that while this team is light years better then last year it still is probably not quite ready for prime time. My hope for this year is to finish above .500 in the conference and make the NCAA tournament. Considering where this squad was last season that would be a huge success and hopefully lay the groundwork for a great season next year when the young guys will have a bit more experience under their belt.

Pitino said: " We have a long way to go " Tonight showed what he was talking about. I could give you the why and why nots what he is talking about, but I don't think there are a lot guys on this site that played beyond grade school and driveway basketball. It would go on deaf ears. This team is young and has a lot weak spots. We've a sophomore in Murphy who still thinks he can get away with a high school spin move in the lane. You saw tonight what happened with that move. We'll see how they react against Penn State. When you get beat down like they did tonight that is tough to come back from. You question yourself. " Are we that bad"? This is different than going into Purdue because you knew you were good enough to beat MSU. One thing for sure, they need Mason to find his mojo, or PSU could be the same results as tonight.

I thought Mich State had a pretty good game plan, they rushed Springs when was shooting completely negating his impact, they kept Coffey from driving, doubled Murphy every time he touched the ball, the Gophers have no inside out game, they got against a good defense and they just didn't adjust. Defensively it was not a terrible game.

Baylor was ranked number 1 and they lose 89-68 to a very good West Virginia Team. Just prior to that Villanova was ranked number 1 and lose to pretty good Butler team 66-58. I had very low expectations going into Spartan town last night. I don't think it would surprise anyone if MSU makes it to the Final Four this year.

Mason needed to be on for us to have a chance, and it took him 35 minutes to play up to his potential last night. His shot has been off for most of the last 3 games. He needs to play the way he played in the last 5 minutes last night and we will right the ship at Penn State.

Baylor was ranked number 1 and they lose 89-68 to a very good West Virginia Team. Just prior to that Villanova was ranked number 1 and lose to pretty good Butler team 66-58. I had very low expectations going into Spartan town last night. I don't think it would surprise anyone if MSU makes it to the Final Four this year.

Mason needed to be on for us to have a chance, and it took him 35 minutes to play up to his potential last night. His shot has been off for most of the last 3 games. He needs to play the way he played in the last 5 minutes last night and we will right the ship at Penn State.

I would not go that far. MSU is an average team with one pretty talented raw player however this game was played at MSU which is traditionally a really tough place to play, add on that we could not make ****...no shame in losing this game! FYI - I would be surprised if there were any BIG10 teams in the final four this year.

Mich St is a young team! When Bridges is hitting 3's like that he is un-guardable at the college level.

4 of the top 5 scorers are Freshmen. Bridges will be gone but Izzo would love the other 3 to return.

We aren't a great defensive team without Lynch on the floor.

Mich St is a very top notch 3pt shooting team. They should probably shoot more.

Mich St has a ton of potential and I think Izzo will have this team into the sweet 16 or beyond. They are young so hot and cold. He needs Harris to become a steadier presence as a Sr.

It's easier to play as a surprise team, then it is to play with a target on your back.

There's plenty of young talent on MSU, but if Izzo gets this squad to the Sweet 16 it will be one of his better coaching jobs, similar to the job he did 2 years ago.

I would not go that far. MSU is an average team with one pretty talented raw player however this game was played at MSU which is traditionally a really tough place to play, add on that we could not make ****...no shame in losing this game! FYI - I would be surprised if there were any BIG10 teams in the final four this year.

Agree on all points. (Except for the first 5 letters of your name.)

Perspective is important. Coming into this season this team was not supposed to be a contender in the BIG. The start to the season had a lot of us excited and shooting for the moon but the reality is that while this team is light years better then last year it still is probably not quite ready for prime time. My hope for this year is to finish above .500 in the conference and make the NCAA tournament. Considering where this squad was last season that would be a huge success and hopefully lay the groundwork for a great season next year when the young guys will have a bit more experience under their belt.

Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're still way ahead of the curve this season and in good position. One lopsided loss doesn't change that unless they let the snowball get too far down the hill. They need to continue to be resilient and mentally tough. The coaching trick before the MSU game was to keep them humble; this week's coaching trick is to convince them that they're pretty good.

Humbled truly humbled

If we all could be as wise as Ruppert? Someday he will shine his wisdom on us driveway players. Are we the Tar heels; wait already taken.

Murphy has had success against many teams with said spin move. Maybe maturity is something that should be practiced before preached. One loss against a talented team in a very difficult place to play with the conference's best coach and you think you are Basketball Jesus!

Top Bottom