Per Scout, Harbison may visit UNC

Reaction score
Do you go 1200 miles, or do you stay home and play for your home state?
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think he is going to be hard to hang
on too. New staff at UNC will make it tough for us.

doesn't look good

I haven't had a good feeling about him for awhile. Getting a little nervous. Haven't heard any real good news lately on a number of fronts.

Do you go 1200 miles, or do you stay home and play for your home state?
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think he is going to be hard to hang
on too. New staff at UNC will make it tough for us.

Ok, since that logic worked with Will Johnson! LOL

As someone on another thread pointed out, people in Charlotte (like Harbison) have no love for the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, so it wouldn't surprise me if he turned down UNC, even after a recruiting trip. This does give me pause, though.

Anyone that still considers him a "verbal" to Minnesota is lying to themselves. He may still come here but he is not a current verbal here is he's visiting elsewhere .

This has been mentioned in another thread, but he has not yet scheduled a visit to UNC. It has been stated that UNC is recruiting him hard and wants to bring him in for a visit. No visit has been scheduled, so everyone can settle for now.

This has been mentioned in another thread, but he has not yet scheduled a visit to UNC. It has been stated that UNC is recruiting him hard and wants to bring him in for a visit. No visit has been scheduled, so everyone can settle for now.
We are now in a dead period until Jan 3 for all but JUCO transfer students. Starting Wednsday, JUCO transfers can sign their LOIs and coaches can talk to potential transfers, so sit back and relax through the Holidays.

Agree Stocker, I picked this tidbit up on the Scout premium site off the UNC fan chat. I guess I don't like to hear a kid say he is 85% committed. We'll see.

Gunner Kiel has Vanderbilt in his top 4 according to the Midwest Recruiting Notebook at Scout. You have to think that Kiel committing to Vandy (although unlikely) would sure help Vanderbilt's chances at Harbison.

Everyone, worried about North Carolina, is forgetting about their pending NCAA sanctions. It's the great unknown, but the academic fraud charges, are serious. Vanderbilt will have a hard time showing where Harbison fits given their other wr commits. I also don't see Harbison going to Vandy, if Kiel commits, because Vandy is dealing with very few scholarships, it's highly likely they will be full.

Everyone, worried about North Carolina, is forgetting about their pending NCAA sanctions. It's the great unknown, but the academic fraud charges, are serious. Vanderbilt will have a hard time showing where Harbison fits given their other wr commits. I also don't see Harbison going to Vandy, if Kiel commits, because Vandy is dealing with very few scholarships, it's highly likely they will be full.

I think I saw on Twitter today that Kiel is leaning towards LSU.

Any GI members care to spill the beans on what Harbison told GI.com today?

Like coach Kill says, it doesn't matter until they actually sign. If he chooses another school, so be it. Irregardless the Gophers will be better next year and will continue to get better and will continue to get better players. Offer 'em, recruit 'em, and let the chips fall where they may! You'll lose some and you'll gain some. To worry about it is ridiculous.

Any GI members care to spill the beans on what Harbison told GI.com today?

Not a GI member but it looks like someone over on the KFAN board says he's a solid Gopher commit.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, not a premium member either but from what I remember his Rivals or Scout profile, when he said he was going to visit other schools, had dates listed for visits, and I noticed a couple days ago those were no longer there. Not really definitive proof, but a good sign nonetheless.

Top Bottom