Penn State has stealth weapon versus Minnesota in former Gopher coordinator

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per PennLive:

Think about this now: Limegrover was the opposite coordinator or OL coach going against Claeys' defense in practice on Kill's staff for 17 years at four different schools (Emporia State, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, Minnesota). Think Moorhead will get some pointers?

As important, he intimately knows every significant member of the current Gopher offense, especially the O-line, because he coached them personally and recruited several of them himself.

Now, Penn State has all sorts of deficiencies on defense that relate purely to manpower, especially with the injury catastrophe that's hit the linebacking layer. Nonetheless, for defenders who need every edge they can scrounge, Limegrover should be the same sort of inside source for the Lions as they attempt to track and defend personnel he knows extremely well.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2016/09/penn_state_football_minnesota_1.html

Go Gophers!!

Is this the Penn State equivalent to grasping at straws?

Wow. Penn State must be getting desperate looking for ways to win.....

I'll take my chances with this one...

If Mitch has a weakness we can count on Limey knowing it.

We enjoy taking shots at Limegrover (I'm guilty too), but I firmly believe that the offensive philosophy was a lot more due to Kill decisions than Limegrover's.....

We enjoy taking shots at Limegrover (I'm guilty too), but I firmly believe that the offensive philosophy was a lot more due to Kill decisions than Limegrover's.....

Philosophy, but Kill said he didn't all plays on gameday.

Limegrover will be the difference in this game?

That's like TCU having the advantage in Minnesota because of the warm weather.

It is an interesting angle. Limegrover probably knows more about Persig than Miller does being he coached him longer and he does have a lot of experience with Claeys defense. Not sure if it will make for a difference in the game, but it sure is interesting.

On the flip side, Claeys probably knows what Limegrover knows, and can communicate that to Jay Johnson. It's one thing if your opponent knows your tendencies, but it's another if you can use the knowledge of that knowledge to your advantage.

Personally I think it's a wash.

Our defense is different than it has been and with the experimenting during the first 3 games it is impossible to know what our defense will actually look like come Saturday. I will admit though Limey may know some ways to take advantage of our OLine as he should know any weaknesses individual players have.

It can help but since its a different scheme its not a huge help.

They would also need the defensive personnel to be skilled enough to take advantage of any weaknesses.

I agree with this.

They would also need the defensive personnel to be skilled enough to take advantage of any weaknesses.

Works both ways, Claeys knows Limegrover tendencies too. I don't think it is an advantage for Limegrover to be on their staff, other than he may know some of the defensive looks we use. Newsflash, Claeys knows that too, so we will see some different looks this week.

Anyone think our offensive line might be fired up to show limegrover what he's missing?

Anyone think our offensive line might be fired up to show limegrover what he's missing?

If they were upset that he got fired... then they'd be upset with Claeys...

Not sure they can be upset with limegrover for getting fired.

Our OL didn't play nasty when he was here. He has no clue about our OL now. Nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom