Penn State and Maryland

Has anyone really looked at Nebraska's schedule? It is beyond ludicrous to this point. They are going to be top 5 in the country after this weekend by struggling with the worst teams in our conference (and Oregon). The system is beyond screwed up.

Has anyone really looked at Nebraska's schedule? It is beyond ludicrous to this point. They are going to be top 5 in the country after this weekend by struggling with the worst teams in our conference (and Oregon). The system is beyond screwed up.

Only you don't take psychology into account. I'm of firm believer in when you play someone has an impact on the game. Oregon was 2-0 at the time and #22. Northwestern hasn't lost since and was coming off a win. Wyoming is 5-2.

They are doing what Iowa did last year to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only you don't take psychology into account. I'm of firm believer in when you play someone has an impact on the game. Oregon was 2-0 at the time and #22. Northwestern hasn't lost since and was coming off a win. Wyoming is 5-2.

I agree with this. 7-0 is 7-0 and teams find a way to win when they're on a roll.

Or, what we are doing this year, just much more effectively. Sagarin ranks our schedule the second weakest (after Maryland) in the conference.

Our games against them look better after tonight.

Gophs played Maryland at a good time when they had to play their backup QB (as did we). Now that their starting QB is back, he was able to complete 77.8% of his passes to beat Michigan State.

Sagarin? What are you a Bison fan?

No. Sagarin is just the oldest publicly available index of strength. What does that have to do with North Dakota State football? Must be one of those small circle references where those who make it are unaware that the rest of the world is oblivious and indifferent to the joke.

Gophs played Maryland at a good time when they had to play their backup QB (as did we). Now that their starting QB is back, he was able to complete 77.8% of his passes to beat Michigan State.

Definitely, unlike Rutgers, whose backup QB actually looks halfway decent, Maryland's backup is horrible. We probably still win the game even if their starter plays but I think it would have been much closer than it was.

It goes without saying that every game we win that we are lucky and get some break that otherwise we would have lost.

Definitely, unlike Rutgers, whose backup QB actually looks halfway decent, Maryland's backup is horrible. We probably still win the game even if their starter plays but I think it would have been much closer than it was.

Maryland's freshman backup, Pigrome, was Alabama player of the year last year and received some pretty good FBS offers. Just because he had a bad game doesn't mean he's horrible. Give him some time.

Nebraska could lose 3 in a row. (4 out of 5) if somehow we find a way to play well.

Wisconsin will beat them 27-14.
Ohio St will beat them 34 - 7
Gophers--- I don't know. Depends if Mitch can throw a TD pass or not. Maybe we win 10-7 or something.

What's funny about it is, when WI beats them, they will be a #5 ranked team.
If OSU beats them, it will be when NEB is ranked 11-12.
If we beat them, they will be ranked 23rd before we beat them.

Nebraska could lose 3 in a row. (4 out of 5) if somehow we find a way to play well.

Wisconsin will beat them 27-14.
Ohio St will beat them 34 - 7
Gophers--- I don't know. Depends if Mitch can throw a TD pass or not. Maybe we win 10-7 or something.

What's funny about it is, when WI beats them, they will be a #5 ranked team.
If OSU beats them, it will be when NEB is ranked 11-12.
If we beat them, they will be ranked 23rd before we beat them.

I can accept that...

Maryland's freshman backup, Pigrome, was Alabama player of the year last year and received some pretty good FBS offers. Just because he had a bad game doesn't mean he's horrible. Give him some time.

Fair enough but right now he is totally lost out there, maybe he develops into a good player down the line. Rutgers guy on the other hand looked very solid and played a strong game for them.

Eh, the Penn St. game was full of derps... that looks bad no matter what.

Maryland was a good game for us.

Nebraska will get pounded by both Wisconsin and Ohio State. I look forward to it.

Top Bottom