Penn St. @ Minnesota

Do you think the gophers will have chance to beta penn st. with brewster fired?

• Yes

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you think the gophers actually have a chance to beat penn st. next week with brewster fired and interim head coach Jeff Horton in?

Yes or No

Yes. Penn State is almost as dysfunctional as Minnesota right now.

Define chance. We had a chance even with Brewster. Yes, I freely admit that it was a really, really, really tiny chance. The real question is if we have a better chance with Horton. There is still uncertainty on the team, but it is now reduced.

Absolutely. I feel good about this game actually.

Penn State does not put up alot of points, we could have a chance in this game if the offense can move the ball a little and put up say 17-20 points

I know!!

Define chance. We had a chance even with Brewster. Yes, I freely admit that it was a really, really, really tiny chance. The real question is if we have a better chance with Horton. There is still uncertainty on the team, but it is now reduced.

Yea see i know. Well with any coach with any team. Like for say this little dinky div. 3 team comes in and has to play alabama. They have a chance but really low. Im just saying they have a way bigger chance cuz 1. Our offense is actually pretty good and now the offensive coordinator is taking over who can now do stuff his own way and make stuff even better. 2. He might have some more stuff up his sleeve for defense that he didnt agree with brewster with. From what i heard Jeff Horton for the head coach is still up for grabs. I heard if he wins the rest of his games, which will ost likely not happen unless he actually is the superstar coach, he will get signed unless he wants to stay as offensive coordinator.

Reusse tweeted when this started to go down on Sat. Night that the Gophers would crush PSU.

Penn State does not put up alot of points, we could have a chance in this game if the offense can move the ball a little and put up say 17-20 points

Penn State's offense has been anemic at times this season, which is a positive for Minnesota. However, the Gophers are ranked last in the conference is scoring defense. Minnesota needs to make life difficult for Rob Bolden and stop the Nittany lion running attack. I still think PSU has the edge in this ball game but this is the best opportunity Minny has for a win the rest of the season. Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois and Iowa are almost certain losses unless things change dramatically under Horton.

Turnovers will be key. I think the Gophers could (hopefully) turn in an inspired performance.

I voted "yes" because I think the players will be more relaxed. They haven't been playing well, but they've also been playing tight.

I would define a D-III team playing Alabama to have "no chance", although that is not literally true. Or more realistically, I would define Georgia State as having "no chance" to beat Alabama. I'm just interested in how unlikely people define "no chance".

Gophers will beat PSU. I think the emotion of the moment will solidify them. I hope they get a great crowd and a ton of energy from it.

Gophers will beat PSU. I think the emotion of the moment will solidify them. I hope they get a great crowd and a ton of energy from it.

I doubt this very much. Penn State has a respectable defense and Minnesota's offense has been at its best in garbage time down a few scores. Minnesota is one of the few big 10 teams that Penn State will probably have success against on offense. If Minnesota wants to win a big10 game, the defense has to improve.

I doubt this very much. Penn State has a respectable defense and Minnesota's offense has been at its best in garbage time down a few scores. Minnesota is one of the few big 10 teams that Penn State will probably have success against on offense. If Minnesota wants to win a big10 game, the defense has to improve.

Thanks for the stunning insight.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm simply commenting on a statement that we all pretty much already know. Oh, and we need to score more points than the other team, too, if we want to win.

Yes.
MN is 1-0 this season against "State" schools.

Good thing we have three in a row on the schedule.

there's a remote chance that PSU's bus gets stuck in traffic, hijacked to Madison and must forfeit, so YES!

I expect to see the same gopher team/plays we have seen in 2010. USD tore us apart and it wasn't an anomoly. This is the state of the team in 2010. and I have accepted it and hope in 3-4 yrs it will be different. Now I have to steel my nerves to watch Weber do his thang

Penn state is not a very good football team.

Top Bottom