Penn St. leads Purdue Late

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
61-55 with 3:29 left. Apparently Hummel and Kramer aren't playing for the Boilers tonight. Anyone know why?

Coming back... Hummel has a bad back and Kramer a sprained foot. They both were held out of practice yesterday.

I love how the PSU fans were chanting overrated when Hummel and Kramer didn't play. Dumbasses.

Penn State wins over Purdue...the Big 10 is going to be an interesting conference this year...

Empty Seats?

I watched the second half and I was amazed at how few PSU fan were in the gym. I could hardly watch the game because I was looking at all the great seats that were empty. I mean all around the court. It looked like ,beyond the 15th row or so there was no hope of ever getting fans in attendance. At the barn we get a far better crowd for the lady's games. Their team has been playing very well. They are playing the early favorites to win the Big Ten and nobody is there. What is going on with the PSU fans?

I watched the second half and I was amazed at how few PSU fan were in the gym. I could hardly watch the game because I was looking at all the great seats that were empty. I mean all around the court. It looked like ,beyond the 15th row or so there was no hope of ever getting fans in attendance. At the barn we get a far better crowd for the lady's games. Their team has been playing very well. They are playing the early favorites to win the Big Ten and nobody is there. What is going on with the PSU fans?

The announcers said the crowd was thin because of bad weather ... but they showed a picture of a building and i didn't see any snow falling or rain ... so not really sure.

I think all PSU fans are experiencing PMS at PSU. Gotta love the U of M BARN!!!!!! and the students in the U of M BARNYARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a severe ice storm last night throughout Pennsylvania. If any of you have ever been to State College, its a very remote town in the middle of the mountains in north central PA. Now, on the other hand, PSU fans are very fickle regarding basketball, when they get hot, the BJC gets packed. I think the bad years since the sweet 16 run have driven the fans to extinction. A few more wins will probably change that. Oh, to the poster who called the PSU fans "dumbasses" for cheering for a win over Purdue, I wouldn't be so sure of a win Saturday at the barn. This team has guard speed like no other in the league. The Gophers can fall just as quickly as Purdue to that team on any given night...

Oh, to the poster who called the PSU fans "dumbasses" for cheering for a win over Purdue, I wouldn't be so sure of a win Saturday at the barn. This team has guard speed like no other in the league. The Gophers can fall just as quickly as Purdue to that team on any given night...

Well, the game is Sunday but I get what you're saying. PSU is going to give alot of teams trouble in conference this year.

I believe he was referring to all 12 fans as dumbasses because they were chanting "overrated" to the Boilers when 40% of their starting 5 didn't play as the Nits squeaked out a win on their home floor. That's what makes them dumbasses.

Either way. Pool or pond.

Im with you GOGOGOPHERS, but you know kids. Had the Gophs won at home last night vs Purdue in the same fashion, there would have been fans there chanting "overrated." It goes with the territory. I just think heymyfav made a pretty "dumbass" post in his own right.

Im with you GOGOGOPHERS, but you know kids. Had the Gophs won at home last night vs Purdue in the same fashion, there would have been fans there chanting "overrated." It goes with the territory. I just think heymyfav made a pretty "dumbass" post in his own right.

And those Gopher fans would have looked like dumbasses as well. Why cheer overrated when 2 of the opponents best players are out because of injuries that will keep them out 1-2 games? If it was an extended portion of the time like 1/2 the season I can see saying it, but 1-2 games. Get educated before you attend a game.

Thoughts on Penn State

Generally speaking I've liked what I've seen of Penn State the last couple years, especially last season after Claxton went down. The Nitts showed a lot of fight, all the way through the Big Ten Tournament, despite losing their best player. That's a credit to DeChellis, who has to be frustrated with the embarrassing support his increasingly competitive program gets from the Penn State community.

However, I have to admit after watching them last night, after seeing the Nitts blow a 14-0 start against a Purdue squad playing without Hummel & Kramer, I was rather unimpressed. For sure there is some talent on the offensive side of things, namely Battle, Pringle & Cornley (though undersized), but this is a team the Gophers -- if they come to play -- should handle with some ease at home on Sunday. The Gophers aren't overly gifted offensively, but I think their defense will suffocate Penn State. Won't say this very often this season (maybe not again), but I expect a double-digit victory by the Gophers. It's a game they absolutely can't spit up at home.

I wish I shared your confidence. Battle is great, another gem in the B10's great group of soph pgs. Pringle's quickness scares me. Who do the Gophs have that can stay with him in m2m? Cornley has always shredded the Gophs on the glass. DJ will have his hands full.

Once again, the guys will need to get after them on the glass. I suspect we'll see some more zone due to the match up problems with their speed. The Gophs rebounding problems are only exacerbated playing zone. If they don't control the boards PSU will be there until the end.

no personal attack was implied. I personally agree that the chant is unnecessary. And trust me, I've held season tickets for 20 years and have attended my fair share of basketball games if you want to make it personal.

Chanting "over-rated" no dumber...

...than booing Dahlman every time he stepped on the floor. I'd have sent my son to play with Izzo at that time he was choosing myself.
Welcome to the board, mhenry. Its always nice to have a few posters from other schools here. Its good to see the improvement of the BT.

The old saying

"It's not who you play, but when you play them"

Like I said yesterday, Purdue is down and very close to being out. They will not finish .500 in the Big Ten.

I wish I shared your confidence. Battle is great, another gem in the B10's great group of soph pgs. Pringle's quickness scares me. Who do the Gophs have that can stay with him in m2m? Cornley has always shredded the Gophs on the glass. DJ will have his hands full.

Once again, the guys will need to get after them on the glass. I suspect we'll see some more zone due to the match up problems with their speed. The Gophs rebounding problems are only exacerbated playing zone. If they don't control the boards PSU will be there until the end.

7 and 2 is shredding?

I wonder if Stanley Pringle is thinking about making a stop by the Library sometime before the game this weekend?

You aren't suggesting that the student section chant "keep your pants on" every time he touches the ball(s) are you?

LOL, no but if you aren't careful I'm sure he won't be too shy to take the Gopher guards to J-town...:)

Thanks Moonlight, I've always found the PSU message boards to be more interesting and an overall better take on a game when courteous fans from the opposing teams come on. Its nice to have intelligent conversation between people of opposing cheering interests. Best of luck to the Gophs on Sunday, it should be a nice game.

"It's not who you play, but when you play them"

Like I said yesterday, Purdue is down and very close to being out. They will not finish .500 in the Big Ten.

Wow. I don't usually pay much attention to predictions for other teams, but when a sober, proud supporter like you says it, I have to start listening.

I didn't see your prior post. Why are you so pessimistic? Injuries? (Or just point me to your earlier post.)

Top Bottom