Penn St game time

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
Should be announced today. We looking at a likely 11 AM?

11AM is to the Golden Gophers as...

I'm happy to get a 2:30 kickoff, even if it's on the road.

I will also admit to being a little ticked off that the Big Ten made Michigan State at Indiana a prime time game (the kickoff was set ahead of the season). The Hoosiers have a single winning season in the past 21 and a losing conference record every season for a longer stretch with a stadium that appears to use a dozen guys with flash lights to light up the place at night. Yet despite our track record and modern stadium, we can't seem to get a home conference night game, Michigan last year aside.

I'm happy to get a 2:30 kickoff, even if it's on the road.

I will also admit to being a little ticked off that the Big Ten made Michigan State at Indiana a prime time game (the kickoff was set ahead of the season). The Hoosiers have a single winning season in the past 21 and a losing conference record every season for a longer stretch with a stadium that appears to use a dozen guys with flash lights to light up the place at night. Yet despite our track record and modern stadium, we can't seem to get a home conference night game, Michigan last year aside.

Michigan State is very good at football....

Absolutely true. However, we have played plenty of good teams as well over the past nearly eight seasons while having better teams than Indiana for the most part yet have had 3 home Big Ten games at night out of a possible 33 including this season. The Gophers aren't a marquee program, but it would be nice to take advantage of the facility and atmosphere in a night game setting. If the Big Ten allowed games to be flexed to prime time and also allowed such games to take place later in the season, I'm convinced we'd have picked up a couple of extra ones along the way.

Top Bottom