Pearson rips Miami weightlifting with strobe lights and a DJ

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Good for Chad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The video of the team training in the dark w/ strobe lights and in-house DJ is embarrassing to our profession. Not to mention dangerous.</p>— Chad Pearson (@chadpearson42) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadpearson42/statuses/482157068351053825">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OMG....how dare they try and do something fun for the players to make an off season weight lifting session a little more fun. Don't they understand that this is life and death and there is no room for fun of any kind.

OMG....how dare they try and do something fun for the players to make an off season weight lifting session a little more fun. Don't they understand that this is life and death and there is no room for fun of any kind.

It's not life or death unless someone freaks out due to the strobe lights.

It's not life or death unless someone freaks out due to the strobe lights.

Guess I am willing to trust that the weight training staff and training staff are on the same page and know what they are doing. Pearson is entitled to his own opinion but I really don't think this video deserved any kind of harsh response. The players seemed to be having a good time which is not always the case for a weight lifting session during the off season. If they were working out like that everyday that might be a different deal but as a one time thing I really don't see what the problem is.

Guess I am willing to trust that the weight training staff and training staff are on the same page and know what they are doing. Pearson is entitled to his own opinion but I really don't think this video deserved any kind of harsh response. The players seemed to be having a good time which is not always the case for a weight lifting session during the off season. If they were working out like that everyday that might be a different deal but as a one time thing I really don't see what the problem is.

I was just joking. I don't really care how the Miami team trains.

the second half of the video was pretty sweet.

well the players can go right from a late night at da club and go right to lifting without thinking they left the club

Nothing says "We want to attract student-athletes, not just street punks who can ball" like disco lights and a hip-hop dj.

Top Bottom