Paul Harvey: Daniel Faalele hopes to 'build that pipeline' for Australian football prospects to the NFL

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Paul:

Daniel Faalele began his college career as a 4-star prospect via the 2018 recruiting class for Minnesota. A 6-foot-8 and 400 lb. lineman when he arrived, Faalele’s career generated a lot of interest simply due to his massive size and background.

Originally out of Australia, Faalele developed with the Golden Gophers and became a first-team All-B1G selection as a senior in 2021. He also finished his career with a two-yard rushing touchdown in a bowl win for Minnesota.

With his college career completed, Faalele entered the NFL Draft and was a 4th-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens. Hoping to carve out a starting role with the Ravens, Faalele also said he has goals to carve out a path for fellow Australian prospects behind him.

“I want to give people back home that example that you can do whatever you want, and if you really want to pursue your dreams, there’s opportunities to do that,” the fourth-round NFL draft pick told Melanie Dinjaski with The Canberra Times.

“I want to inspire people and hopefully build that pipeline from Australia to American football. Nothing is impossible as long as you work hard at it.

“That’s something I definitely care about. Being from Australia, I want to represent that all the time. I don’t take very lightly because it took a lot of work to get here.”

Go Gophers!!

This crazy. He was never going to be a Wallabie or a AFL star so football was the best sport for his body type. Kudos.

Top Bottom