Patterson

GopherMike

Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more the name Gary Patterson make sense. Think about it -- he is a highly successful big name coach working at a non-BCS school. Even though TCU is highly ranked they get very little respect. Listen to the various sports media and they will talk about Boise State, Auburn or Alabama but very little is said about TCU.

It is not unreasonable to think he might entertain the notion of moving to a BCS conference to a school that can pay him considerably more than he is making at TCU. Certainly seems to make more sense than some of the names that are being thrown around.

The more I think about this, the more the name Gary Patterson make sense. Think about it -- he is a highly successful big name coach working at a non-BCS school. Even though TCU is highly ranked they get very little respect. Listen to the various sports media and they will talk about Boise State, Auburn or Alabama but very little is said about TCU.

It is not unreasonable to think he might entertain the notion of moving to a BCS conference to a school that can pay him considerably more than he is making at TCU. Certainly seems to make more sense than some of the names that are being thrown around.

Would love Patterson - don't think we can pay "considerably more" than the 2.5/year TCU pays him though.

Patterson is not coming here and you can take that to the bank. He got a big raise because of us and why would he want to leave TCU? It didn't happen the first time when we went after him and it will not happen again.

Plus, TCU is getting a new stadium.

If he is so happy there why was he thinking of leaving 4 years ago, was it only for the money?
Anyone know?

If he is so happy there why was he thinking of leaving 4 years ago, was it only for the money?
Anyone know?

Who said he was thinking of leaving? He probably met with us so he could knock on his boss's door and say, "Minnesota just offered me $2 million. Should I take it?"

I would love Patterson. Ain't gonna happen.

Patterson is not coming here and you can take that to the bank. He got a big raise because of us and why would he want to leave TCU?
Because we are not in Texas.

Top Bottom