Patriots fan dies after getting punched ‘in the face’ by Dolphins supporter at Gillette Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per the NY Post:

The New Hampshire father of two who died after an incident at Gillette Stadium during the New England Patriots game Sunday had been punched in the face and knocked unconscious by a Miami Dolphins fan, according to a witness.

Dale Mooney, 53, was treated at the scene by EMTs and rushed to a hospital after what had been described as an “apparent medical event,” but was pronounced dead shortly before midnight.

A spectator has now claimed that he witnessed a physical altercation between Mooney and a Dolphins fan.

“The Dolphins fan walks over and clearly punches him in the face,” Joey Kilmartin, of Nashua, New Hampshire, told MassLive. “(He) gets knocked out and you can tell right away he’s not OK.”

Kilmartin told the news outlet that Mooney also had gotten into a physical confrontation with other fans toward the end of the fourth quarter.

Go Gophers!!

Per the NY Post:

The New Hampshire father of two who died after an incident at Gillette Stadium during the New England Patriots game Sunday had been punched in the face and knocked unconscious by a Miami Dolphins fan, according to a witness.

Dale Mooney, 53, was treated at the scene by EMTs and rushed to a hospital after what had been described as an “apparent medical event,” but was pronounced dead shortly before midnight.

A spectator has now claimed that he witnessed a physical altercation between Mooney and a Dolphins fan.

“The Dolphins fan walks over and clearly punches him in the face,” Joey Kilmartin, of Nashua, New Hampshire, told MassLive. “(He) gets knocked out and you can tell right away he’s not OK.”

Kilmartin told the news outlet that Mooney also had gotten into a physical confrontation with other fans toward the end of the fourth quarter.

Go Gophers!!
not worth it. Got my 85 inch TV at home to watch the games.

not worth it. Got my 85 inch TV at home to watch the games.

Yep. NFL in particular seems to have these ridiculous, and I mean absolutely ridiculous, stadium fights. I'm surprised we don't see more deaths from hitting one's head on concrete after getting knocked out more often. So sad and unnecessary.

Go Gophers!!

Yep. NFL in particular seems to have these ridiculous, and I mean absolutely ridiculous, stadium fights. I'm surprised we don't see more deaths from hitting one's head on concrete after getting knocked out more often. So sad and unnecessary.

Go Gophers!!
I love the NFL, but of all the major sports in this country, it has by far the worst fans.

Ban booze from NFL games. Problem solved.
If you ban booze, in game attendance drops by a huge percentage. The owners and their beer sponsors would never consider it.

Many years ago I was at a Monday night game in the dome and the fan in the seat right in front of me and the fan in the seat right in back of me, both shitfaced, took a very active dislike towards one another. Trying to get out of the way of the flying punches wasn't fun.

In some ways, banning booze in the stadium could make it worse. People will work even harder to drink as much as possible before the game. You'd have more people hammered before the game even starts.

In some ways, banning booze in the stadium could make it worse. People will work even harder to drink as much as possible before the game. You'd have more people hammered before the game even starts.
Yep. Anyone who was at a college game where "no alcohol is allowed" can attest to that.

With all the security cameras and others with phones, I just don't get how either party can ever think they will get away with starting such an altercation. Obviously, alcohol alters the decision making process.

A Dolphin fan reacting in such a way in Patriot territory (lack of safety in numbers presumably) along with a prior incident has me thinking...hmmmm. Must be more to the story.

Regardless, such a unnecessary senseless tragedy. Sad.

Exactly what happens at Camp Randall from my understanding.

With all the security cameras and others with phones, I just don't get how either party can ever think they will get away with starting such an altercation. Obviously, alcohol alters the decision making process.

A Dolphin fan reacting in such a way in Patriot territory (lack of safety in numbers presumably) along with a prior incident has me thinking...hmmmm. Must be more to the story.

Regardless, such a unnecessary senseless tragedy. Sad.
While no less sad, this story has taken on a dramatic turn. It's now been deemed a "medical issue".

They don't for football games yet. Just basketball and hockey games.
Back when the Wisconsin hockey team was playing at Dane County Coliseum through the late 90s, they had a "beer garden" but couldn't take the beverages back to the seats.

Several attendees would never make it back at intermission. Great place to watch a hockey game, if it weren't for all the Badger fans.

Back when the Wisconsin hockey team was playing at Dane County Coliseum through the late 90s, they had a "beer garden" but couldn't take the beverages back to the seats.

Several attendees would never make it back at intermission. Great place to watch a hockey game, if it weren't for all the Badger fans.
It was a blue haze of smoke.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!
I realize that Target Field is a much different than US Bank stadium, but their guest services and security are pretty good at heading off most of the issues when they see issues. Tempers always goes up when Boston or the Yankees come to town.

I realize that Target Field is a much different than US Bank stadium, but their guest services and security are pretty good at heading off most of the issues when they see issues. Tempers always goes up when Boston or the Yankees come to town.
Spaghetti straps.

Top Bottom