Pathetic performance

Maroon92

Reaction score
That may have been the worst last 30 minutes I have seen in many years. Good thing the players were so concerned about being rated. The turnovers were so lazy and way to much standing around on both ends. THe better find a way to get out of this funk the last few games or we are easily back on the bubble

Lynch needs more touches and Murphy needs less. We also need more shooters. We don't have much firepower behind the arc.

Looks to be a 6-12 / 7-11 type conference team. A lot better then last year so I guess look at that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to be a 6-12 / 7-11 type conference team. A lot better then last year so I guess look at that way.

We can still make the NIT!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed.

We need another PG for depth and we desperately need to replace McBrayer with a shooter.

Lynch needs more touches and Murphy needs less. We also need more shooters. We don't have much firepower behind the arc.

Izzo figured out that our guards don't like to get pressured and others have followed suit. We have not been moving the ball well, they are trying to dribble through the pressure. Penn State gave us plenty of opportunities to close this thing out early in the second half and we weren't interested in helping them lose.

Before the season started, if you'd told me we'd be 2-2 on the road in the Big10 after 4 road games, I'd have said, "Cool!!"
Now I'm mad.

Player Evals from Today:
>Mason: he is like Randy Moss he plays when he wants to play on defensive end...he has fallen in love with the mid-range contested jump shot...he is taking way too much time off the clock in the halfcourt offense which is leading to prayers being thrown up late in shot clock. GET TO FREE THROW LINE!
>Dupree: Just out of control and lost...my lingering memory was a runner he attempted from the baseline that was maybe 6 feet right of the basket
>Akeem: Need to run more screens to try and get him catch and shoot opportunities...really the only one of the guards who showed any defensive effort
>Coffey: Freshmen game for a freshmen...there were glimpses but his inbounds passing was the reason we came away with a few empty possessions late in the game. If just throwing ball in the air is a play, we might need to work on that
>Murphy: BLACK HOLE ON OFFENSE...he gets the ball might as well send everyone else to the defensive end as he is not going to give it up. For all the talk of him being a great rebounder, the next time he puts a body on a player on the defensive end will be the first time since the Big Ten opener
>Lynch: Pleasantly surprised with his offensive touch, he just doesn't get any touches as our guards are trying to make sure we lead the Big Ten in time of possesion
>Curry: Needs more playing time...active on the glass and can block a shot
>Hurt: Why does he see the floor? If you are going to have someone stand at three point line why not have Gilbert do it?
>Konate: Only brightside of today was that I did not notice him

Pitino: BRUTAL HALF COURT OFFENSE...at least with Tubby we would jack up a bad three rather than a contested 2.

Officials: Was a bad game for them, but they are not reason we lost this game. Some lazy defensive effort and next to no offense in the halfcourt is why we lost.

My expectations have changed. 6 or 7 conference wins with this team would be a huge disappointment.

Perfect example of why you don't go into the delay game with 20 minutes to play.

My expectations have changed. 6 or 7 conference wins with this team would be a huge disappointment.

I agree. 6-7 B1G wins were my expectation or hope to start with. The fast start and 24th ranking have raised the expectations and ending up 7-11 though big improvement over last year will bie disappointing.

Have you looked at the schedule? They'are not going 3-9 the rest of the way. Step back from the ledge. It was bad, but teams lose ugly road games in the B1G.

Have you looked at the schedule? They'are not going 3-9 the rest of the way. Step back from the ledge. It was bad, but teams lose ugly road games in the B1G.

Agreed. There is still plenty of talent on this team. We need to watch the next few games and see if there is as much heart as there is talent. The comments about the players concern about being rated are strange. Just like we who watch, the players first want to win. Hopefully Pitino and the players figure it out.

They should never run a play for Murphy. He can still get his looks without doing his spin move thingy.

Top Bottom