Passing Game Troubles for Both NW and Gophers

Iceland12

Reaction score
The Gophers have had some problems with the passing game, with a few good Quarters thrown in there. Haven't seen all of the NW games but all the commentators on tomorrow's game have mentioned it. The strong Defenses of both teams will contribute to making it tough for the Quarterbacks tomorrow. It won't be the only thing though.

Wind speeds should be 22 mph with gusts to 29 mph according to Weather Underground, Weather Channel and Accuweather.

Might be tough for kickers and punters. Oh and another bad day for punt returns too...?

Dang Chicagoland weather!

I doubt it will affect our passing game much since we are almost exclusively short passes. Our deep game cant be any worse.

How is Northwestern's run game? I haven't followed their games except for the final scores. I'm wondering if the wind could play more to our advantage if our run games produces.

How is Northwestern's run game? I haven't followed their games except for the final scores. I'm wondering if the wind could play more to our advantage if our run games produces.

Haven't seen them much myself, but the game previews have talked about their run game producing a lot of yards but not many touchdowns.

last week was mitcheroo's black swan. this week more of the same old TE playing QB. freakin donkey ball with that guy under center.

They lead the league in rushing yards but that's largely because they run the ball a lot. Average over 58 attempts per game. Over 71% of their plays have been runs.

last week was mitcheroo's black swan. this week more of the same old TE playing QB. freakin donkey ball with that guy under center.

You seemed relatively upbeat after last week! Glad to see you're back to being Debbie Downer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch is 4th in the conference in passing yards.

You mean swan song, black swan is usually the bad one, if the latter can't wait for what his swan song will look like ;)

Mitch is 4th in the conference in passing yards.

What?!!!! Ridiculous! He doesn't throw a tight spiral.

On a related note, a wobbly ball, like Mitch mostly throws, will be affected more in the B1G winds he's sure to face tomorrow. I sure wish BBC was playing, because I think he'd have 2-3 picks.

A few posters on the NW Board are talking not only about the affect on the Passing and Kicking games, but are pretty concerned about tailgating tents too. They seem to be talking from experience. :eek:

What?!!!! Ridiculous! He doesn't throw a tight spiral.

On a related note, a wobbly ball, like Mitch mostly throws, will be affected more in the B1G winds he's sure to face tomorrow. I sure wish BBC was playing, because I think he'd have 2-3 picks.

Has he been ruled out for sure?

Has he been ruled out for sure?

Not that I have seen. Apparently Kill called him "very questionable" and Ryan Burns (who said he wouldn't need surgery before anyone else did) is leaning towards him not playing. Hopefully they're just hiding it very well and he plays, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom