Parrish surmises it'll be Duke or Kansas for Harrison Barnes

Touche.

Can Barnes' current ranking (#1) go any higher if he commits to Duke? If one signs with Duke, doesn't that automatically up their ranking about 50 spots?

I don't think it is as simple as he makes it seem.

Arent Kansas and Duke the default safe-bet picks for where a highly touted recruit will end up? Of course people arent going to say they think he'l end up at Minnesota, it looks pretty far off if they're wrong...
If Barnes does end up in Minnesota no one is going to say "wow that guy thought he was going to Duke, man that was crazy"

That said he probably will end up at one of those schools but I would like to think it isnt that cut and dry.

Arent Kansas and Duke the default safe-bet picks for where a highly touted recruit will end up? Of course people arent going to say they think he'l end up at Minnesota, it looks pretty far off if they're wrong...
If Barnes does end up in Minnesota no one is going to say "wow that guy thought he was going to Duke, man that was crazy"

That said he probably will end up at one of those schools but I would like to think it isnt that cut and dry.

It isn't.

The impression I've gotten from everything I've read about this kid makes me think he'll go somewhere other then the 'traditional' powers. That doesn't mean it will be Minnesota, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was. Or Stanford, or even deciding to stay home at the last minute.

Top Bottom