Parking or park and Ride

SDGopherFan

Reaction score
Anyone have information where I can park without the purchase of a parking space or where a good park and ride location is. Just lost my ride to the game. A map showing this area would also be helpful.
Thanks

Anyone have information where I can park without the purchase of a parking space or where a good park and ride location is. Just lost my ride to the game. A map showing this area would also be helpful.
Thanks

Always glad to help out a fellow SD native! Where are you from?

My wife and I always park at the Midtown/Lake St P & R, bring the light rail to the Dome, and then take 16/50 over to campus. There are plenty of parking spots there, and the parking won't cost a dime. Train fare (which can also be used in the bus) is $1.75 each way.

Here's a link with a detailed map:

http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/stations/07_Lake.asp

I don't know how well you know the area, but the easiest way to get there is to take 55 east from downtown, get off at the Lake St exit, and follow the signs to the P & R.

There are an infinite number of ways to get there, but this is what we've found works the best for us in terms of cost, ease, and expediency.

what about these

river flats I have been reading so much about? I was hoping to park somewhere relatively close to the stadium and pay rather than riding the rail.
dpolldoll68, I am currently living in Brandon SD and drive up for the games but I have always had a ride and never had to worry about parking, now I do and I no nothing about parking areas around the campus.

Bear in mind that the Twins game starts at 12:10 and will be getting out around 3:00 - 3:30. The LRT stop by the dome where you pick up the 16 or 50 bus to the stadium might be a bit hectic around that time. (An hour either before or after shouldn't matter, however.)

river flats I have been reading so much about? I was hoping to park somewhere relatively close to the stadium and pay rather than riding the rail.
dpolldoll68, I am currently living in Brandon SD and drive up for the games but I have always had a ride and never had to worry about parking, now I do and I no nothing about parking areas around the campus.

Here are the directions from the Parks Dept pdf on the lot:
Eastbound on I-394 from Western Suburbs
I-394 East to I-94 East to 35W North: 35W North to U of M exit; keep right, taking East Bank exit.
Cross the Washington Avenue Bridge and take first right to East River Road.
Take a left on East River Road.
East River Flats Parking Lot is located 2 blocks up on your right.

Westbound on I- 94 from St. Paul and the Eastern Suburbs
I-94 West to Huron Avenue exit. Follow Huron Avenue to Fulton Street. Turn left on Fulton Street.
Follow until East River Road Parkway.
Take a right on East River Road Parkway.
East River Flats Parking Lot is located 2 blocks up on your left.

Southbound on 35W from Northern Suburbs
35W south to Washington Avenue (17C). Turn left on to Washington Avenue.
Follow Washington Avenue east across Washington Avenue bridge and take first right to East River Road.
Take a left on East River Road. East River Flats Parking Lot is located 2 blocks up on your right.

Northbound on 35W from the Southern Suburbs
35W North to U of M exit; keep right, taking East Bank exit.
Take a left on East River Road. East River Flats Parking Lot is located 2 blocks up on your right.

Downtown Minneapolis
Take 4th Street east past the Metrodome following signs to the East Bank.
Take a left on East River Road. East River Flats Parking Lot is located 2 blocks up on your right.​

I also attached an image of where the lot is.

Attachments

• East River Flats.jpg
    East River Flats.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 5

Otherwise, I believe S108 by the Fairgrounds will have available spaces. Then you can take the shuttle to the stadium. We'll be over there crushing AFA fans at cornhole. IN 24 HOURS! WOOT! :clap:

Park at Fort Snelling park and ride and take the light rail to the Cedar/Riverside stop. Get off and walk to the west bank shuttle to the game. That is what I'm doing.

Top Bottom