Parking for UNC game

TABinMO

Reaction score
Going to the game Thursday (first game in a long while since moving to Missouri). Where to park?

I am taking an express bus from a park and ride.

On a Thursday evening, the area will be congested. If you don't mind, park in a ramp there.

To avoid the traffic.jam, downtown Minneapolis has Parking Ramp A and Parking Ramp B you can park in. Then hop on the light rail to the stadium and back. That takes a little time but guaranteed a parking spot and avoids the traffic jam. I use those ramps for events at US Bank Stadium and The Armory too.

This is just one suggestion.

Going to the game Thursday (first game in a long while since moving to Missouri). Where to park?
Oak St ramp coming from 94 avoids a lot of the mess near the stadium. Can call the ticket office to buy a pass ahead of time.

Any other areas that people park to take the light rail besides ramps a and b in mpls
Ramp C?

Jokes aside...are you looking for something downtown Minneapolis? St. Paul? Price the issue?

Ramp C?

Jokes aside...are you looking for something downtown Minneapolis? St. Paul? Price the issue?
We usually park at the state fair lot but you can't for the 1st Thursday game and was looking to take the light rail this year

I usually park and take the light rail from the stop near 7 Corners. Not sure on its proper name.

We usually park at the state fair lot but you can't for the 1st Thursday game and was looking to take the light rail this year
Prefer Minneapolis or St Paul side? For Minneapolis you can park on street in north loop (near Fulton Brewery) and go from Target Field Station.

Last edited:

Any other areas that people park to take the light rail besides ramps a and b in mpls
Fleet Farm ramp by US bank stadium to pick up light rail. Have also parked in ramp by Seven corners, don't recall the name and taken light rail. Have done the parking lot by Wells Fargo and Keys Cafe that road off Univeristy and taken the train to the stadium that way. Those lots and street parking fill up fast. Fleet Farm ramp kind of fills up for the first Thursday game.

I park for $4 on the West Bank behind The Red Sea. It's a bit of a walk but you could light rail across the Washington Ave bridge if you wanted to.

Prefer Minneapolis or St Paul side? For Minneapolis you can park on street in north loop (near Fulton Brewery) and go from Target Field Station.
Prefer St. Paul

I tend to Uber the first game with my cooler bag and join a buddy’s tailgate at the Ski U Mah lot. Used to throw a little shindig at the flats, but not anymore.

I park for $4 on the West Bank behind The Red Sea. It's a bit of a walk but you could light rail across the Washington Ave bridge if you wanted to.
Lot C-86 at the Law Library is across the street from that ramp. We use the light rail station there on Washington below the highways. Very easy.

Lot C-86 at the Law Library is across the street from that ramp. We use the light rail station there on Washington below the highways. Very easy.
Is C-86 contract only or can anyone park assuming availability? I normally get to campus early where parking isn't an issue but with schedule that day and state fair going on, I may go this route.

My recollection is that the lot has been open to general parking for the past couple of seasons. However I can't guarantee that plus there are still regular users (like for the Law Library) there competing for spaces for these first games. The worst that happens is you park in the ramp diagonal to C-86. You could contact UM Parking Services and see what they offer too. Good luck.

Top Bottom