Padilla or Petras ?

Some guy

Reaction score
Who will get the majority of snaps at QB for Iowa this week? I think we see Petras

I think it will be Padilla but Ferentz doesn't like to change QBs.

I could see Padilla starting and struggling against Minnesota's experienced D and then getting pulled for Petras. If Padilla actually plays well against Minnesota then Petras is likely in the portal before long.

Peter-ass if he’s healthy.

Peter-ass if he’s healthy.
That would be my guess. If Petras is healthy he will start, if not they will go to Padilla. Neither QB is all that scary although I would rather see Petras back there because he can't move much at all.

If Ferentz didn't have his head completely up his arse Saturday night (which is a possiblity looking at both the play calling and clock management) Padilla should start.

That said, if their offensive line continues to struggle and the playcalling remains as bad... Floyd could be coming to Minneapolis this year.

I was at the camp when Padilla, was offered. He was about 5'11", he looked athletic and could throw the ball. Not the typical Iowa QB, they like the old style Pro style tall kid. The kid from Naperville, who wanted to be a QB was at the camp, I think he went to TCU, he was like 5' 9". Bouman was there as well.

They are going to ride Padilla.
I agree with this, Iowa is going to ride or die with Padilla now unless he get's hurt because is mobile and they moved the ball. They have struggled with Petras at QB for some time now.

I was at the camp when Padilla, was offered. He was about 5'11", he looked athletic and could throw the ball. Not the typical Iowa QB, they like the old style Pro style tall kid. The kid from Naperville, who wanted to be a QB was at the camp, I think he went to TCU, he was like 5' 9". Bouman was there as well.
How did they compare to your son?

Seems like both teams have similar issues. Fans questioning both the OC and also the QBs.

As an aside, given the offensive struggles, the game betting line shouldn't be more than 4 points, imo.

It's looking like it will be Padilla. Petras not on the depth chart, which apparently means he's a no-go. He left the game early last week.

Padilla smaller, not as big of an arm, but can run a little bit. I doubt there's a major dropoff, but we'll see

Petras has simply been hit too much this year . Ankle and shoulder injuries has sidelined him

Spread is moving down so if you like the points best grab em . Crazy big ten as far as QB's go . Some have looked like world beaters and the next week ,bums .. But a senior with tons of experience has a tendency to be more stable and I expect that this coming Saturday

Padilla can scarmble. He is inexperienced though.

Padilla can scarmble. He is inexperienced though.
For his career he has 7 carries for -13 yards and a long run of 6 yards. Very small sample size but while I would bet he is more mobile than Petras it seems very unlikely that he is going to be much of a threat with his legs.

That said, he probably is quite a bit better than Petras of moving out of the pocket and extending plays since Petras was basically a statue that stood in the pocket.

Top Bottom